PDA

View Full Version : scrapping the network in my area

youarewhatyoueat
05-06-2009, 10:07 AM
The network is being scrapped in my area, the cdo's are no longer doing the eight checks required and are now concentrating on everyone.What's happening in your area.I'm in gloucestershire.
I'm not in the network so i'm hoping I will get more support now and have equal access to training,as it seems like a two tier system to me.

ORKSIE
05-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Ours has just been given the go ahead to carry on. Dont know what i would do without them:panic:
Poor you, and your fellow network CM's

sarah707
05-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Just be grateful you've found us! :D

Roseolivia
05-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Ours was scrapped a couple of years ago when i first started minding.

christine e
05-06-2009, 11:36 AM
We had 3 robust networks in Notts but they have been replaced by more informal networks that everyone can access.

Cx

The Juggler
05-06-2009, 12:31 PM
The network is being scrapped in my area, the cdo's are no longer doing the eight checks required and are now concentrating on everyone.What's happening in your area.I'm in gloucestershire.
I'm not in the network so i'm hoping I will get more support now and have equal access to training,as it seems like a two tier system to me.

This happened in my area 3 years ago now. There is no-one visiting unless you call and specifically ask for a visit for specific advice (i.e. preparing for inspection etc). The CDO is so stretched that it doesn't really work. There are no standard visits to new childminders or yearly visits never mind twice a year. No plans to set one up other than for the reason of enabling childminders to offer NEG which is not it's only purpose. Our previous network co-ordinator was fab and it was a real blow and of course they can't visit those that don't want to be visited which are normally those who should be if you see what I mean.

Polly2
05-06-2009, 12:40 PM
The forum is my network :D

The Juggler
05-06-2009, 01:30 PM
ha, ha! I agree. Am very jealous of all you with effective CDO's out there who seem on hand to offer all sorts of advice.

westbrom44
05-06-2009, 06:33 PM
There is a Network in my area, but there is talk that it will only be open to accredited childminders shortly. It wont affect me as I am accredited.