PDA

View Full Version : full time places

estrelas
05-06-2009, 09:38 AM
i have one place left, and i was hoping to fill it with a full timer

After this week, i realise i couldn't cope with it

I love having different kids of different ages on different days

i work unsociable hours too, which doesn't bother me cos again its different kids on different days

What do you prefer ?

obviously the money would be better with a full timer but god, i'd go in sane

little chickee
05-06-2009, 09:50 AM
at the moment i have all part-timers - no child comes for more than 2 days a week and i find it quite stressful trying to juggle them all

i have in the past had a full timer 8-5.30pm 5 days a week and much prefer it so much easier to get into a routine the child bonded with me and my kids to the point that she never wanted to go home.

a full timer becomes like one of your own and she just fitted into my family.
im hopefully having a ull timer start in january ( long time away i know:) and cant wait.

The Juggler
05-06-2009, 12:29 PM
I love my part-timers but they have all settled well can see how less sessions add to that stress. However, 3 full-timers means only 3 learning journeys to fill whereas I have 6 so that could be seen as a disadvantage but I don't mind really.

georgie456
05-06-2009, 12:47 PM
I always thought I would prefer a full timer as i have always had part timers.

However, I had a full time child start in March and tbh I find him exhausting. Having said that - he is a sweet little thing and the money certainly helps - but in hindsight, if I really had the choice I think I would stick with my part time children. (not that many of us have the choice in this current climate!)

marian
05-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I have one full timer and 6 part - timers!

But from September I will have 2 full-ish timers (4 days) and 2 part time and a whole day off every Monday (my choice):D

Marian x

ChocolateChip
05-06-2009, 01:01 PM
I started off with part timers, all doing different days- 1,2.5, 3, 2x3hrs, odd hrs here and there, but things have settled a bit now, some parents have changed jobs so I now have 2 that come 4 days and 2 that come 1 day, but one of those will have extra when someone else is on holiday. So what with my 2yr old aswell I am completely full now.
I sort of have the best of both worlds really, they all now have regular hours and regular payments, I know where I stand with who's coming when but there still a little bit of variety as to who's coming each day.
Also 2 only come for a 'school' day so they don't interfere with school runs, and one does 8-5 one week and 1-6 another due to mum's shifts, so every other week I have mornings without him ( but still get paid:laughing: )

Pudding Girl
05-06-2009, 01:14 PM
It's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other really, main thing with fters is that it's easier to settle in quicker, more like having an extra child lol, less paperwork, things are more stable and you are mostly more able to get around and about without having to always be in for drop offs etc - downsides, it's a long day/week if things aren't right with child or parents, plus it's a massive drop in earnings when they leave.

Helen79
05-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I only have part timers which I like at the moment while my own dd is at home before she starts school in Sept.

I used to have a full timer & I think dd felt like she had an extra sibling which I don't think she liked, especially as she'd only just got used to having ds around. The age of the child also stopped us from doing certain activities which limited what we could do.

Now I only have part timers it's just like having a few friends round for her to play with & she seems much happier.

When she's in school in Sept I'll be happy to take on a full timer if needed.

The Juggler
05-06-2009, 01:27 PM
yes and replacing a part-timer when they leave is hard, advertising a vacancy for x hours only on such and such days.