PDA

View Full Version : Just had an ex on my doorstep for a cancelled interview!

louise
05-06-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi, Just had a suprise. I was going to have an interview today but cancelled it as it ment getting a triple buggy for 5 hours. As it would take me so long to earn money after paying for the buggy i decided to cancel. Thing is i forgot to take the parents phone number and only had the mums email. I emailed her on wed to tell her and say sorry. I also gave her the number for our vacancy co-ordinator. As i got the email from the vacany co-ordinator and checking with her the parents name i assumed they had read the email. Big mistake dont assume they were on my doorstep while i was still chatting to friend. Felt so bad they made the drive to mine. Feel like it looks bad on me aswell ect.
To add to that the Dad was the guy i went out with before my hubbie. Hubbie use to get so jelous that i was seeing this guy. Hubbie would not of been happy if i took the child on. Just aswell i cancelled. I had completely forgotten that i did have the interview of not i would of waited and had the house not looking a mess(not working today) just incase.

Two lessons learned always take a phone number and also dont assume that the parents have read email.

sarah707
05-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Oops!

Sounds like it all worked out for the best anyway :laughing:

Playmate
05-06-2009, 12:29 PM
How embarrassing :blush:

georgie456
05-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Oh my goodness can anyone imagine childminding an ex's child - sends cold shivers up my spine!!!!!!