PDA

View Full Version : recommend a car insurance company??

HomefromHome
05-06-2009, 07:40 AM
hi
can anyone recommend a car insurance company please???
i have used layton blackham (now blue fin) childminders one but this was awful (they gave me norwich union) - had a bump last yr, no damage to my car but the other party milked it for all it was worth causing theit hire car company to take me, personally, to court!!! well i still have no idea of the outcome over a yr later - have told both companies this (ie, complained) to no avail. so will NOT be using norwich union (now aviva) or any company under their umbrella.
just wondering who everyone uses??? as i'm on my own now i really just want the basics - fully comp, courtesy car, windscreen cover - have done all the websites and co-op coming up cheapest.... dont see the point in legal services after my experience!!!!!

many thanks for reading

Chatterbox Childcare
05-06-2009, 08:18 AM
I use churchill insurance who have always looked after me. The more you have with them the more discount you get.

I think you will find it hard to get cheap insurance now you have a claim against your record but it is always worth a go.

HomefromHome
05-06-2009, 08:37 AM
I use churchill insurance who have always looked after me. The more you have with them the more discount you get.

I think you will find it hard to get cheap insurance now you have a claim against your record but it is always worth a go.

tell me bout it!!! lb hiked it 100% 1st yr and not much less now! problem is i have no details of the claim so am gonna plead ignorance and say no claims (no damage to my car) and if they ask just say well i had no damage and have no idea wot happened on their side of things as noone got in touch - which they didint - have absolutely nothing from them!

might start contacting individual insurers then...
thanks debs

FizzysFriends
05-06-2009, 08:40 AM
I use Tesco and when I had an accident they were brilliant. They sent someone out to collect me and take me to the hire car place where they provided me with a car that my car seat would fit it. They also paid out really quickly (the car was written off). Also no forms the claim was all done over the phone.

miss mopple
05-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Ive just gone with Churchill- they were alot cheaper than layton blackhams renewal quote :thumbsup:

manjay
05-06-2009, 11:53 AM
I will not be going with LB again after problems we are having claiming on our house insurance. I know they are completely seperate policies but I will go elsewhere on principle

rickysmiths
05-06-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm glad there is someone else out there that hate Blue Fin I'm so sorry about your expeerience with them though.

Don't claim no claims thought with a new insurance company. I had someone drive into the back of me a traffic lights a couple of years ago and no damage to my car and punture makes on their front bumper :rolleyes: They trried to say that I has reversed into them!! Churchill were great and the whole thing didn't affect my no claims. I then made the mistake of going to Bluefin because they were cheaper-nightmare paperwork and the renewal quote was a laugh. They also left me uninsured for two monthe because of their dreadful paperwork :eek: So I wouldn't touch them again ever.

I went back to Churchill. Much cheaper. I have my buildings and contents with them asd well.

Have you told NCMA the trouble you have had?

charleyfarley
05-06-2009, 12:18 PM
I use Tesco and when I had an accident they were brilliant. They sent someone out to collect me and take me to the hire car place where they provided me with a car that my car seat would fit it. They also paid out really quickly (the car was written off). Also no forms the claim was all done over the phone.

I agree with Fizzy, Tescos were brilliant when my car rolled off my drive into the house opposite :blush: :blush: They sorted it all out from collection of my car to the delivery of the hire car and I got a Zafira too :thumbsup: They even followed up with courtesy call after my car was returned to check I was happy.

The only reason I left was when it came up for renewal they put it up by £150 :eek:

I am now with Diamond, who were alot cheaper and when it came to this years renewal it was cheaper than last years too.

Carol xx