PDA

View Full Version : 7 seater????

emmadines
05-06-2009, 06:26 AM
im trying to make the most of the scrappage tax and am looking at the new ford s max zetec, which im test driving tomorrow. its seems like a really good car. ncap rating is 5 star, has individual rear seats with storage underneath the actual seats. (that can also move backwards individually) the rear, rear seats seem solid and when they are up theres still a boot (all be it slightly smaller.)
we looked as the zafira but it felt cramped and almost plastic like if you get my meaning...
im not into all the fancy gadgets etc but the s max seemed the better car...
how many of you have a 7 seater? what type of car have you got and why??

miss mopple
05-06-2009, 06:35 AM
I have a Previa and I love it :thumbsup:

Its seats are removable, which is great for the extra space when holidaying etc, and the boot space is superb

Toyotas are very reliable too. Ive had mine 2 years and the only thing I have had to pay out for is a new tyre. Its sailed through its MOT's with no problem :thumbsup:

Dont think Id have a different 7 seater now.

Daftbat
05-06-2009, 07:06 AM
I have a Zafira - it was the only 7 seater i could afford at the time. I got it brand new when the shape changed so got a big reduction in price as it is the old shape. I know what you mean re "plastic" some other cars are better finished but to be honest it is pretty economical and nice to drive.

The back 2 seats are really small but as a family car for us it is great.

I have a mothercare double buggy which does fit in the boot with all the seats up too.

little chickee
05-06-2009, 08:22 AM
i have a Renault Espace - just the basic model and i wouldnt be without it now - i have 3 kids of my own and it means that even when im not working the kids can bring a freind when we go out or Granny can come.
Im keeping it at the moment but will upgrade next year i would like something with a bit more storage space and i def want the sliding rear doors which the espace doesnt have.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-06-2009, 08:23 AM
I also have an 8 seater Previa - bit costly on fuel and insurance but I love it

LOOPYLISA
05-06-2009, 08:29 AM
Just wanted to say we love the s-max :thumbsup:

Looking into changing our shogun for one :D

youarewhatyoueat
05-06-2009, 08:36 AM
I have the older shape fiat ullysee which is the same as the 806, I love the sliding doors and don't want to upgrade as the newer model is all electric and more to go wrong.The seats are movable and the option to be 8 seater with a bench seat.It drives well and has sailed through all of the mot's, i've had it for 6 years and it does 30/35 to the gallon

loocyloo
05-06-2009, 08:36 AM
i've got a toyota verso.

i love it :D , it doesn't look or feel like a 'big' car, but i can seat 7! not much room for buggies etc with all 7 seats up, but i don't use all 7 that much!

i used to have a toyota picnic and that was soooooooo reliable. i also had a hyundai trajet and it felt like a bus, and i had load of trouble with it :(

xx

AliceK
05-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Hi
We have a Galaxy which we bought when my daughter was due because between me and other half we would then have 4 children so obviously needed a 7 seater. The interior is a bit flimsy and bits have fallen off so I'm not impressed with the quality but love the space. We can take seats out if we need more room etc. At the moment it's a 6 seater which is all we need and still leaves a lot of room for pushchairs, shopping etc. VERY thirsty though.

xxxxx

atmkids
05-06-2009, 09:44 AM
I had an s-max as a courtesy car last year and loved it so much I didn't want to give it back. Unfortunately can't afford my own so I'm stuck with my Kia Sedona. Looking into buying a citroen c8 soon as it's cheaper than the s-max and looks like a good car.

LOOPYLISA
05-06-2009, 09:50 AM
I had an s-max as a courtesy car last year and loved it so much I didn't want to give it back. Unfortunately can't afford my own so I'm stuck with my Kia Sedona. Looking into buying a citroen c8 soon as it's cheaper than the s-max and looks like a good car.

You would recormend the s-max then???

Sorry Emma taking over your thread :thumbsup:

ORKSIE
05-06-2009, 10:43 AM
I have just bought a Zafira and I love it, so do the Mindees.
When i dont need it hubby nicks it:eek:

emmadines
05-06-2009, 10:46 AM

no no your fine hun, im test driving it tomorrow morning so im up for reviews, making the most out of the scrap tax xxxx

mushpea
05-06-2009, 10:55 AM
we have a zafira as its cheap on insurance, tax and was cheap to buy, I also trust vauhaul as we have had astras for years and had no problems with them . It is a v.small boot with all the seats up and you wouldnt comftorbaly seat an adult in the boot but its lovley to drive and i wouldnt be without it

Nix
05-06-2009, 11:24 AM
I also have an 8 seater Previa - bit costly on fuel and insurance but I love it

Me too:thumbsup:

ChocolateChip
05-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Atmkids, don't you like your Kia?
I have one and I love it!
Plenty of space inside the seats can be changed or taken out, my oh made a wooden shelf unit for the boot as I keep my buggies in there so I can get out the double or single without having to take everything out, sliding doors are useful and I find it economical on petrol.
The insurance wasn't bad this year either, went to Sheila's wheels and saved £200 :clapping:

bec123
05-06-2009, 06:58 PM
I've just bought a Ford Galaxy 54 reg. I absolutely love it! Loads of space. Can take seats out if not being used or fold them down. Kids and mindees love it. I feel like Edie McCredie!:blush:

emmadines
05-06-2009, 07:06 PM
lol, wow there's loads of diff ones isn't there. well i have a test drive of the s max tomorrow morning, its my 1st ever test drive of a new new car and i got to admit im rather nervous!

TheBTeam
05-06-2009, 07:26 PM
We have just started to look at the Chrysler Grand Voyager, but need a small mortgage!

atmkids
05-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Atmkids, don't you like your Kia?
I have one and I love it!
Plenty of space inside the seats can be changed or taken out, my oh made a wooden shelf unit for the boot as I keep my buggies in there so I can get out the double or single without having to take everything out, sliding doors are useful and I find it economical on petrol.
The insurance wasn't bad this year either, went to Sheila's wheels and saved £200 :clapping:

I was probably a bit unfair to the Sedona earlier. Size wise it's brilliant, never had a problem fitting everything in and like you said the sliding doors are a must have with young children. It's just that I've had mine for four years, don't like the colour (dark green but bought it anyway 'cos it was a good price) and just feel ready for a change. Hope I don't sound shallow :blush:

atmkids
05-06-2009, 08:55 PM

Emma and Lisa, I'd definitely recommend the s-max. I had the courtesy car for a couple of weeks and it was so lovely to drive. It's smaller than what I'm used to but I would definitely buy one if I could afford it. :thumbsup:

ChocolateChip
09-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I was probably a bit unfair to the Sedona earlier. Size wise it's brilliant, never had a problem fitting everything in and like you said the sliding doors are a must have with young children. It's just that I've had mine for four years, don't like the colour (dark green but bought it anyway 'cos it was a good price) and just feel ready for a change. Hope I don't sound shallow :blush:

No not at all! Mine's still a novelty to me, my first mpv, and I was just worried in case there's a major problem I didn't know about!

marian
09-06-2009, 05:12 PM
I love my kia! :)

Marian x

cherry pink
09-06-2009, 06:32 PM
i went and had a look at a citroen c8 the other week and absolutely fell in love with it..only need to find £17,000 :p

atmkids
10-06-2009, 07:38 AM
I intend getting a C8 soon but won't be spending that much. Looking to buy one around about a 54 to 56 plate for about £7000.

taiwallis
10-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Chevrolet captiva - why? i think it looks nice as a family car - great drive, 7 seats - excellent fold down seats in rear - just lovely all round!

LeeAnn
10-06-2009, 04:24 PM
I have a zafira and love it. I actually went to the garage to look at a grand scenic but fell in love with the zafira. I find it economical on petrol and insurance etc.

I sat in the very rear seats recently on a 2 hour long journey to Balamory (yay!) and found it very comfortable.

The only downsides are- the small boot when all seats are up. I can get my maclaren in oerfectly with coats, a potty and maybe a shopping bag but that's it. But if we only need 6 seats then the remaining boot space is great.

I also need to keep DD's seat clipped into the middle or I have to undo the seat belt everytime I want to slide the seats forward which is a bit of a pain. But I like her seat in the middle so it isnt a prob for us. Maybe if you needed to seats clipped in.

mumx3
10-06-2009, 05:14 PM
We agonised over this, and ended up with a Ford Galaxy. I have to say it is the best car I have ever owned. I completely adore it.

We have 3 kids of our own and can get them across the back comfortably in seats. It has a HUGE boot and so much flexibility with the 7 seats.

It feels expensive and robust inside though is only the zetec model but the new shape.

It is also so easy to park....yes you read right! It has parking sensors on the back and the front and I find it easier to park than my old Fiat Brava.

A Galaxy is an S-max with a bigger boot and much better value too.

Hubby and I fight over it! And before that we fought over his BMW, and now I hate driving his car!

I say Galaxy all the way.

Squiby
10-06-2009, 06:25 PM
We have a new shape galaxy and i love it! Its got 4.5 stars for safety, isofix on middle row, all seats go down flat so don't have to worry about getting them in and out, good size boot even with all 7 seats up, can get 2 x phil and teds in at same time, and its so economical to drive! Its a 2 litre turbo diesel and last week I drove to Eurodisney, all around area for 5 days and back home again on 1 tank of fuel - so about 600 miles all in.

jibberjitz
10-06-2009, 08:10 PM
i've got a toyota verso.

i love it :D , it doesn't look or feel like a 'big' car, but i can seat 7! not much room for buggies etc with all 7 seats up, but i don't use all 7 that much!

i used to have a toyota picnic and that was soooooooo reliable. i also had a hyundai trajet and it felt like a bus, and i had load of trouble with it :(

xx

We had the use of a verso last week on holiday and loved it - I want one!:laughing: