PDA

View Full Version : 300 leaflets

Adiamond
04-06-2009, 04:26 PM
AND NOT ONE ENQUIRY!!!:mad:
I am bored :blush: I have advertised everywhere but still nothing.
All this waiting is driving me mad :(
Sorry to have a moan (been on my own all day :blush: )
x x x

Minstrel
04-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Join the club :(

Pipsqueak
04-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Do you know - enquiries come from the most unusual places and at the oddest of times. It WILL happen so hang on in there.

How about changing tack on some of your advertising (or additional) as b4/after school care - offering competitive rates, get to know the other minders in the area (I have just had one lady who is packing up recommend me to all 6 of her parents - sadly I can't do any of them apart from 1 as a temporary). Advertise as an occasional service - even just to get started - something along the lines - do you want to get your hair/shopping done in peace - I will childmind etc etc..... (have a minimum hours etc)

Tatjana
04-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Ditto:(

I'm getting irritated by a couple of people that are asking me "When are you going to start minding":rolleyes: :eek:

xx

Zoomie
04-06-2009, 04:49 PM
I am sure you will get some enquiry from your advertising exercises. It probably wont be immediately but someone is sure to hold onto some leaflet cos they know they'll need to consider childcare next week or month or term, and you'll be the first one they call.

Fingers crossed, but I definitely advocate getting to know local minders and spreading the word around the school grounds / play groups (assuming you have your own children).

:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
04-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Ditto:(

I'm getting irritated by a couple of people that are asking me "When are you going to start minding":rolleyes: :eek:

xx

When you are ready!!! :D is your reply

Gizmo
04-06-2009, 06:25 PM
Can I join in the really fed up my phone isnt ringing either club:(

Tatjana
04-06-2009, 06:28 PM
When you are ready!!! :D is your reply

Good answer!

One of them went on to tell me about a cm she knows that is full and can't take on any more....gosh thanks for that information.

xx
PS just noticed your inspection grading, lol!

ExBlondie
04-06-2009, 08:33 PM
I felt exactly like you, i registered in March and advertised tons and its only been the last 2 weeks i have had enquires. First one was another childminder passed my details on to someone she couldn't fit in and the other 2 was from them getting my info from the family information service. Today i got a message saying that one of them want to sign so hang in there it will happen for you!

Is there any childminder groups in your area? Cause thats great for getting your name out there :)

Fingers crossed you all get phone calls soon!

Blackhorse
04-06-2009, 08:34 PM
Can I join in the really fed up my phone isnt ringing either club:(

me too!! AHHH

katickles
04-06-2009, 08:36 PM
I did the leaflet drop & TBH It didn't get me anywhere :(

The best for me have been the local childminders group, yellow pages believe it or not & netmums.

Good luck - something will come along though, it always does x

Pippa31
05-06-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm in the same boat... Done the advertising bit and nothing but I am finding out that a few nice selective cm friends are passing on my details and word is getting about. Had a few enq but nothing as yet but my biggest prob is I have a baby and a three year old so am limited to one under 5 and lots of people have asked for brother and sister!!!!

But things can only get better no point getting down in the dumps after the week I have had I should be on her looking to source prozac!!!!

No calls, family death and a nice letter from the CSA to say hubby is being put over to the new system so everything will change!!! ARGHHHHHHHH in a word.....

:angry:

Bitsy Beans
05-06-2009, 07:35 PM
I too did a leaflet drop. I had one call from someone on behalf of a family that were moving to the area and not a peep since.
TBH all the potential work I've come across has been via other CM's. Got a local CM toddler group you can go to? Get your name and number out to them as they are the best source of work.

jibberjitz
07-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Hope you get some enquiries soon :thumbsup:

singlewiththree
07-06-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm waiting too. Going to put an advert in the postoffice tomorrow and the headline is

GIVE GRANNY A BREAK!

It then goes on about holiday care at competative rates and gives details of my website, I'm going to do a holiday section on there with photos and details of what we get up to in the holidays as the rest of the site is really tailor made to under 5's.