PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Roseolivia
04-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Mindee was going to friends for tea afterschool. Instead of other child's mum picking up (who i don't know) her brother picked up as she was stuck in traffic. I have seen this man pick up before and he knew he was taking my mindee as well, after checking with mindees dad if he could go and checking if mindee still wanted to go i've let him go with this man. Now i feel as if i've done wrong? What would you of done?

wendywu
04-06-2009, 03:16 PM
If you have checked with mindees dad then that is ok as he gave his permission.:)

Daftbat
04-06-2009, 03:21 PM
All sounds fine to me.

Andrea08
04-06-2009, 03:27 PM
you checked with dad and you know this man so dont worry hun you did ok just rem to put in file who collected and the time ok and get parents to sign next time you see them ok
xx

TheBTeam
04-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Mindee was going to friends for tea afterschool. Instead of other child's mum picking up (who i don't know) her brother picked up as she was stuck in traffic. I have seen this man pick up before and he knew he was taking my mindee as well, after checking with mindees dad if he could go and checking if mindee still wanted to go i've let him go with this man. Now i feel as if i've done wrong? What would you of done?

I think as long as mum wasn't expecting you to pick up then it is down to her to worry about who did pick up, because if you had no collection at the school other than him then you wouldn't have been there anyway to see, iyswim, Maybe you could get mums to put in writing notice that you do not need to pick up on so and so day, that way you have it covered that you are not responsible for the child at that time.

I know it is hard not to feel responsible, i know that i check on who collects my mindees, but it is more important for us that we have it covered that it wasn't us responsible.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I probably would have done the same but if mum has made arrangements for that night and you were not required then she would have been absent in your attendance record. The responsbility was with mindee mum and friend mum.

flora
04-06-2009, 05:39 PM
I probably would have done the same but if mum has made arrangements for that night and you were not required then she would have been absent in your attendance record. The responsbility was with mindee mum and friend mum.

Thats what I was gonna say too.

I always note if they were out to play with friends and who's house they are at:thumbsup:

Roseolivia
04-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Thanks for all the replies, you don't know what to do for the best. Rang home just to make sure he was home safe and dad said he had a good time. I dread when Rose is at that age when she goes to others houses for tea.