PDA

View Full Version : another Q .. what antivirus do you use?

newandlearning
04-06-2009, 12:50 PM
hello... I don't know how this has happened but someone has cloned my credit card and it looks like they've bought a £3000 car in Spain with it.. I use the free AVG as we did have Norton but it slowed our system down so much.. the AVG is totally uptodate and working.. its now being investigated as I don't know how this could have happened..

just wondering if you have a really good anti-virus that you would recommend?
x

grindal
04-06-2009, 01:04 PM
No use on anti virus at all (DH does all that :rolleyes: ) Just wanted to say I hope you get your money back. My card was cloned recently too - my crooks were not as good as yours, they put £30 credit on a mobile and bought £10 music from i tunes :panic:

newandlearning
04-06-2009, 01:09 PM
well.. I asked one of my friends and her husbands details were all used and the crooks concerned tried taking out a mortgage and a child trust fund with his bank details.. its the CTF bit of the con that seems a bit puzzling to me.. thanks.. I hope I get money back too.x

sarah707
04-06-2009, 01:40 PM
I use COMODO on the recommendation of a computer savvy friend.

Nige used AVG up til last night when he picked up a nasty facebook virus and AVG didnt tell him until it was on his computer and taking over everything :panic: He was advised to take AVG off and put Avast on instead and that seems to have sorted the problem.

To keep my personal data secure I run www.ccleaner.com every day.

I suppose they are all fine until something goes wrong :rolleyes:

Hth :D

sue m
04-06-2009, 02:28 PM
We use avast too, David's job is repairing computers and he builds them too and he likes Avast best.

Polly2
04-06-2009, 02:31 PM
I use Kaspersky. hope you get your money back x

Twinkles
04-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Well.....I had McAfee untill three days ago. My computer has been playing up for a while and I got a chap out to look at it for me. He had to take it away it was so bad and has had it for three days ( I've sneaked on my son's computer while he's at the cinema ) he found 33 viruses :eek: so I guess I won't be using that one anymore.

Gotta go BB is about to start - I need to criticise :D

georgie456
04-06-2009, 08:33 PM
oh dear - I completely know how traumatic this is - I recently had my savings account emptied of £1500 by someone. You will get your money back (mine took a couple of weeks to get sorted as it was accessed by a debit card rather than credit card) but doesn't stop the horrible feeling you get when you know someone has helped themselves to your money.

Also, make sure you check your credit rating for a while - I use Experian - just to make sure they are not doing more in your name hun x

hope it gets sorted quickly

whisper_1981
04-06-2009, 08:40 PM
i i use avast home addition its free and dose the job i have used mcfee but it let me down norton let me down and avg didnt do n e thing

newandlearning
05-06-2009, 07:51 AM
thank you ladies for her help with this.. last night I changed our AVG for Avast and we already had the CCleaner thing so I did that too.. I hope that is the end of it..xx

FizzysFriends
05-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Remember that you shoud only run one anti virus on your computer.

Chances are though your card details weren't taken when buying something online, unfortunaly card details are readily available to purchase before the card is ever used.

sonia ann
05-06-2009, 08:45 AM
hubby says we all need a firewall as well??? I don't know ......thats the message he has just given me:)

sarah707
05-06-2009, 10:09 AM
hubby says we all need a firewall as well??? I don't know ......thats the message he has just given me:)

Does he have one in mind? :D

ORKSIE
05-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Hope you get all your money back. Makes you afraid to use cards, I tend to pay cash if poss:thumbsup:

The Juggler
05-06-2009, 12:39 PM
yeah hope you get it back. WE use mcafee but have the full set, firewall, anti-virus, parent check and site advisor. think you need all to make it totally secure.

never had any problems.

sonia ann
05-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Does he have one in mind? :D

we use Norton and Mcafee.....on different computers:)