PDA

View Full Version : 1st post! 10 year old mindee

edayhouse
04-06-2009, 12:24 PM
Hi All

Well be gently with me as i am new to this!

Got a 10 year old mindee starting with me next month - 3 days in holidays and afterschool in term time now i have had no experience at all with 10 year old girls....what do they enjoy doing? I will obviously ask her when she comes but i also want to have a few things out for her first day that she might enjoy.

Thanks in advance
Mrs Newbie

grindal
04-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Hi
Welcome - I have no idea what 10 yr olds do in all honesty, but my niece loves computer games, drawing, colouring, writing letters, and also helping with little ones and housework :clapping:
Good luck

haribo
04-06-2009, 01:11 PM
hi and welcome ! well i mind a 10 yr old girl after school and to be honest she likes to chill a bit so she will watch a dvd or a bit of tv. she does however also like any sort of craft and will sit at the table for hours drawing or making stuff. or we go to the park or local shops and she loves helping with the little ones and keeps them entertained. she likes beads too and making jewellery . not sur if im just lucky but she is really easy to entertain and likes a good old natter about anything lol so shes good company and i should probably pay her to come instead of the othr way round :laughing: i wouldnt worry too much you could always get her to write a list of what she likes to do . good luck !

sue m
04-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Just to say hi and welcome and I have no idea whatsoever about 10 year olds, sorry! :panic:

FussyElmo
04-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Mine ike any craft. Into baking at the moment!! But after school they do like to chill and on certain will do their homework:)

Toothfairy
04-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Hi & welcome

They seem to like anything Art & Craft, baking cakes, helping prepare the veg for tea, bouncing on the trampoline, watching TV (Hannah Montannah), making up dances and putting on a dance show.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Mollymop
04-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi
Welcome - I have no idea what 10 yr olds do in all honesty, but my niece loves computer games, drawing, colouring, writing letters, and also helping with little ones and housework :clapping:
Good luck

My 10 year old mindee likes this sort of thing as well. She also likes to play on the p.c on those girly dressup sites.
When I used to look after my niece when she was 10, she liked similar things to the 10 year old mindee girl I look after now.
I think it is a quite a nice age, as they like doing most things and usually very helpful.

manjay
04-06-2009, 04:41 PM
My DD is nearly 10 and I have 2 other mindees the same age. Mine are really easy to entertain, in fact I hardly have to do anything at all. They love looking through craft books and magazines and deciding what to make. They enjoy helping with the little ones and helping prepare snack and drink or they will quite happily sit and play a board game, play on the Wii, watch tv or go on the computer.

pinklady
04-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Looks like you've had some great suggestions already so just wanted to say hi and welcome :thumbsup: