PDA

View Full Version : Parent's emergency contact info

Zoomie
04-06-2009, 09:01 AM
:) Hiya. I start minding two siblings on mon and have put their parents contact info on my mobile (have permission etc) but not sure how to put their emergency contact (ie if mum / dad uncontactable) on. Just use that persons name, or what, and although I only have one family i wonder how you differentiate this info if you had many children.

Sorry probably a simple solution, but not sure how to store the info on my phone ??

Many thanks, in advance :)

misst104
04-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Hiya,

Could you put the childs initials followed by EC1, EC2 etc??

Am sure someone will know better than me but thats what I would do I think

Are you excited for Monday?????

xxx jo

Pipsqueak
04-06-2009, 09:09 AM
I put childminding under the contacts bit

I also carry a little booklet with the childrens photo in - contact and emergency details (signed by parents).

manjay
04-06-2009, 09:29 AM
It would be impossible for anyone to find all the info for all my children on my phone. Like Pip I carry the info seperately on mini pieces of card, laminated and attached to a key ring. This goes everywhere with me

TheBTeam
04-06-2009, 11:48 AM
I put all contacts for parents under the childs name but prefix them all with a Z and prefix all childminder friends with a Y and then i can get to them easily, filling out the names of the parents/emg contact in the additional name/info bit in the phone memory rather than on the sim cos you can't put as much detail on there.

Also I keep 6x4 photo details in my childminding bag and first aid kit, and a wallet size one for me and cm dh to carry on school runs etc when no bags are used, this is in case have accident with mobile and cant get to numbers.

Daftbat
04-06-2009, 12:21 PM
It would be impossible for someone to decipher my phone i think so i carry a small notebook with details. Each page has childs first name and DOB, then mums first name and number and same for dad. I show an emergency contact either by first name again or just grandad etc. Then no-one is identified any more than necessary. I do the same details for my own children too.

I also have a laminiated card in my car which states that i am a childminder and that the children with me may not be my own. It directs them to my note book too.