PDA

View Full Version : Are you sitting comfortably? Then I shall begin...

Helen Dempster
03-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Once upon a time, there was a lonely childminder, who really wanted to join in with the Barnardo's Big Toddle event. However, she only had 2 tiddlies and thought this a bit lame - it would be ok, if it was called the Little Toddle, but...

On a cold Wednesday evening, said childminder was pondering who would know a person, who knew a person, who would know of a group she could join, and BAM! her fairy godmother appeared in a puff of smoke (I think it was Bensons)...with the words "Childminding Forum" forming on her lip glossed lips. "Of course" shouted the childminder, "how could I not have thought of it!?" So, she tap tapped away at her keyboard to ask if anybody on the WONDERFUL forum could help her with this seemingly impossible question.

This is where the story ends...please return to find out if there was a happy ever after.

:thumbsup:

mandy moo
04-06-2009, 06:02 AM
Where you are Helen?..lol

angeldelight
04-06-2009, 06:43 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Funny Helen

You need to let everyone know where you are so hopefully someone who lives near can meet you

Hope there is a happy ending to this story :laughing:

Angel xx

huggableshelly
04-06-2009, 07:17 AM
lol poor you!

my mindee is doing it with his nursery, parents are invited so my younger mindee will be doing it too with the nursery, they are giving me an extra sponsor form and she will gain a certificate too.

Helen Dempster
04-06-2009, 08:32 AM
I'm in Gravesend, Kent. xx

katickles
04-06-2009, 08:36 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hope you find a happy ending!!

I am doing it with mine with my local childminders group, we do it each year, great fun for the children!!

Helen79
04-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Hope you manage to find one.

I'm trying to organise my own with a few of dd's friends.

Have you phoned any of the local nurseries, children's centres or play groups to see if any are doing one? Maybe they wouldn't mind if you joined in? Would be good for both your 'working with the local community' bit for ofsted to see :laughing:

nannysue
04-06-2009, 12:01 PM
I'm in Gravesend, Kent. xx

Oh no !! we are too far away, but we will be with you in spirit if that helps:D

Helen Dempster
04-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh no !! we are too far away, but we will be with you in spirit if that helps:D

Ahhh, thanks nanny Sue :-)
xx

Helen Dempster
04-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Hope you manage to find one.

I'm trying to organise my own with a few of dd's friends.

Have you phoned any of the local nurseries, children's centres or play groups to see if any are doing one? Maybe they wouldn't mind if you joined in? Would be good for both your 'working with the local community' bit for ofsted to see :laughing:

A-ha....I like your thinking :laughing:

mandy moo
05-06-2009, 09:02 AM
Sorry Helen we'reto far awy as well :(
As has been said will be with you in spirit, hopes someone will be able to join you..

The Juggler
05-06-2009, 12:37 PM
had same problem last year. I joined in with the local whacky warehouse one. Just need to get your pack for the sponsor forms then they provided balloons, person dressed up and lunch afterwards.

Much easier as there were obvioulsy only me and 3 little ones.