PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please - Two minders

Schnakes
03-06-2009, 10:09 PM
Hiya,

One of my mums has asked if I can have her daughter for an extra day a week. I cant do it till September so the mum has signed up with a brand spanking new childminder to cover the day till Sept. I have approached the new minder to say "hello, welcome let me know if I can help you" before all this happend (and passed her details onto the mum as well) but I have also said that I want to work in partnership with her on this child.

The thing is, I know in my head how I want things to be - I want us to go to groups, and possibly share activities (although I dont really know her - like I said, she is brand new - this will be her first child) and stuff together so baby isnt a stranger to either of us, and it would be great to share learning and development goals/commitments and so on...however! How do I do this in a formal capacity?

Cheers,

Sx

Daftbat
04-06-2009, 06:18 AM
If she is a new minder then i am sure that she will welcome your experience and will understand the need to share information under the EYFS.

I would try not to approach things in your head on a FORMAL basis but instead get to know her better and just explain what your thoughts are. She may have some good ideas too and be wanting the same things as you do.

Polly2
04-06-2009, 07:36 AM
Were you thinking formal as in paperwork? or have I got wrong end of stick?

You could have a journal that passes between you both that you add to and that mum could add to.

I am sure this new cm will be happy to have some tips from you - I know I would of when I started out!

Chatterbox Childcare
04-06-2009, 07:39 AM
I it is a small child I would go down the route of a daily diary. you can both see and add to it and it will be good for the parents to see you working together

miffy
04-06-2009, 07:39 AM
If she is a new minder then i am sure that she will welcome your experience and will understand the need to share information under the EYFS.

I would try not to approach things in your head on a FORMAL basis but instead get to know her better and just explain what your thoughts are. She may have some good ideas too and be wanting the same things as you do.

I agree with Penny. It could be a really good thing for both of you

Miffy xx

loocyloo
04-06-2009, 08:43 AM
i look after another childminders mindee in the holidays. we have 'permission to share information' forms for the both of us, and both write in the daily diary.

as i only have him a couple of weeks each holiday, i don't do any 'formal' observations, but do take photos/note anything 'wow' and these i pass on to his other childminder, as i see it that she is his main carer!

as childminders we see each other most days at school, if no where else, and do try and arrange regular meets, so the mindee knows who i am when he comes to me! ( only little! )

x

samd35
04-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Hi

I also share 2 of my mindees with 2 other childminders as I didn't have the space to have them.

Parents have signed a working with other settings policy and we share a daily diary. I do see the other childminders regularly too so am able to share information etc.

I'm sure she will be more than happy for tips and help starting up her childminding career.

xx

Alibali
04-06-2009, 05:55 PM
I share a mindee too, however other minder has her 3 days and I have her 1 so we both have our own paperwork for child and share the daily diary (which other minder supplies) She is also my emergency cover so all parents have consented to me sharing their childs details with her and she covers for holidays etc and uses my daily diaries.