PDA

View Full Version : point me in the direction of ...please

aly
03-06-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm looking for a website or a nod in the direction for some help please.

Is there somewhere where I can find out that a certain activity is giving the
child a certain achievment.

not sure if I explained right?

huggableshelly
03-06-2009, 10:02 PM
not sure what you mean

if you go through your EYFS pack looking at the pages related to the childs age ...

thisnk about the activity you have done and see how it fits in with the learning goals ...

no idea if that helps you out

angeldelight
03-06-2009, 10:05 PM
You might find what you need here

http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/earlyyears/eyfs/searchareasoflearninganddevelopment

If not maybe if you can explain more fully we can help

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
03-06-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm looking for a website or a nod in the direction for some help please.

Is there somewhere where I can find out that a certain activity is giving the
child a certain achievment.

not sure if I explained right?

any activity is going to give children achievements in various areas.
I think what you are on a bout is a focused activity with a specifc aim/outcome in mind (correct me if I am wrong).

Still link it to the EYFS though.

Is it something we can help with?

sarah707
04-06-2009, 07:18 AM
I am writing this for Wales at the moment Aly... what activity were you thinking of?

I'll try and help more :D

aly
04-06-2009, 08:50 AM
I am writing this for Wales at the moment Aly... what activity were you thinking of?

I'll try and help more :D

Thanks Sarah

Well as you know we don't have the EYFS yet, but I am waiting to hear if I'm through to the network. I ahve done scrapbooks for the children and I did show my network coordinator it and she said its good but as I've only got pictures and some words for example I did a valentines page, so had words like love and hearts etc but she wanted me to show what 'painting' did for their achievments...or playing in the car basic things like that really.

I will look at angels link now.

thanks everyone else.

aly
04-06-2009, 08:52 AM
You might find what you need here

http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/earlyyears/eyfs/searchareasoflearninganddevelopment

If not maybe if you can explain more fully we can help

Angel xx
OOhh thats a good link thanks angel

xx

manjay
04-06-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks Sarah

Well as you know we don't have the EYFS yet, but I am waiting to hear if I'm through to the network. I ahve done scrapbooks for the children and I did show my network coordinator it and she said its good but as I've only got pictures and some words for example I did a valentines page, so had words like love and hearts etc but she wanted me to show what 'painting' did for their achievments...or playing in the car basic things like that really.

I will look at angels link now.

thanks everyone else.

I link my stuff to the 7 areas of learning within the Foundation Phase. I know technically that is for 3-7 year olds but I still use it as a basis for obs for the little ones. For example; painting may be linked to Creative development, physical development and if you named the colours in Welsh that could be your Welsh Language Development, depends what the picture was, that could be Knowledge and understanding of the world. Just basic stuff.

Have you got a copy of the Framework for Children's Learning for 3-7 year olds? well worth a look

hth

amanda x

aly
04-06-2009, 10:57 AM
I link my stuff to the 7 areas of learning within the Foundation Phase. I know technically that is for 3-7 year olds but I still use it as a basis for obs for the little ones. For example; painting may be linked to Creative development, physical development and if you named the colours in Welsh that could be your Welsh Language Development, depends what the picture was, that could be Knowledge and understanding of the world. Just basic stuff.

Have you got a copy of the Framework for Children's Learning for 3-7 year olds? well worth a look

hth

amanda x

I've got something that was given when my sonstarted the foundation stage..ill look to see if its that otherwise no...would you know where I could get one..is it online at all??

sarah707
04-06-2009, 11:47 AM
To the right of here -

http://wales.gov.uk/topics/educationandskills/policy_strategy_and_planning/104009-wag/foundation_phase/?lang=en

manjay
04-06-2009, 12:15 PM
You will have been given the parent information leaflet. Sarah has given you the link so you should find all info there. I have hard copies of all the books (about 7 in total) as I find it easier to look at than on the pc. I got these from my local Early Years team but you will probably be able to get them from the site somewhere

aly
04-06-2009, 11:28 PM
thanks both

will look at THat tomorrow now...I is going to bed

xx

:thumbsup: