PDA

View Full Version : Cowbag at Wee Gym

Pudding Girl
03-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Mindees C&F (3) go to Wee Gym each Weds afternoon. Normally they get picked up and go there after me, today mum was busy so askedif I minded to take them and she would fetch from there, she said she would pay for Mindee S (4) to go too as she was with me.

We get there and COWBAG who runs it refuses to let S join in, makes her sit at the edge and watch all the other kids having fun!! :angry:

I huffed and puffed and said it wasn't fair etc etc poor S - so I rang mum in loud voice in front of COWBAG and told her what was going on and that sorry but she would need to leave work and come and do Gym with her two and I would take S elsewhere, giving COWBAG evils all the time.

How dare she?!!!! Poor S was there with her chin trembling, I was looking at her with my mouth open.... has the woman got a heart of stone???

I will be badmouthing her and her blooming Gym to anyone who stands still long enough!:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Pedagog
03-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Okay don't shout at me, but I can see her point. If people normally book the class and fill in paperwork in advance, then obviously she wouldn't have this for extra child. Also her insurance might only cover her for a certain amount of children and this child could take her over her numbers.

Pudding Girl
03-06-2009, 04:43 PM
Apart from the twins there were only 2 other families there. One of which had a baby that was toddling about and generally mooching, playing on the floor equipment while older sibling was doing gym with mum ( it's a tumble totsish get up)

There was no reason for her to have been like that, and if any of the above were the case she could have said so. And she didn't she simply said NO. Sit there.

Mouse
03-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Had you or the mum checked in advance that it would be OK for the other child to join in?
Personally I wouldn't have turned up & just assumed that it was alright to take an extra child. There may well be limits on numbers, on ages (some groups are for under 4s only) or the children may be working on something over the weeks that the other child couldn't join in.

It must have seemed unfair, but maybe it wasn't really.

Mouse
03-06-2009, 04:47 PM
But she could probably have been a bit nicer about it!

Tatjana
03-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Aww my heart goes out to your mindee that wasn't allowed to join in, poor little mite. It doesn't sound fair.

xx

FizzysFriends
03-06-2009, 06:53 PM
She sounds a right meanie, im sure she could have been nice about it and explained if there was a genuine reason the LO couldn't join in.

angeldelight
03-06-2009, 09:21 PM
That was a shame really she could have explained and been nicer

At least you know for next time

Angel xx

mandy moo
04-06-2009, 10:59 AM
But she could probably have been a bit nicer about it!

Not nice huh, feel sorry forthelittle one
would she not have public liabilty insurance to cover quite a few kids for that sortof thing?

westbrom44
04-06-2009, 11:12 AM
I can see it from her point of view, I am afraid. If it is something that needs booking, then best to check.

She is probably a very nice person and doesnt deserve to be called horrible names.

I am sure people think the same about me when I say things they dont want to hear.

You will know in future!

Minstrel
04-06-2009, 12:47 PM
I just wanted to say I love that word COWBAG.

Its really offensive but not rude IYKWIM :laughing:

Heaven Scent
04-06-2009, 01:40 PM
What a horrible experience for you and the lo - I think you did the right thing - you just followed the instructions given by the mum and yes she was at fault by not knowing that the other mindee would not be allowed to join fr goodness sake as her children regularly attend she should have known wht the proceedure is - Don't you dare go beating yourself up over any of it do you hear me and as for Cowbag herself she was totally unprofessional an just remember what goes around comes around and she will gether cumuppence one day and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Celine

Gizmo
04-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Poor wee soul that is a shame, she could have been a nicer to her

Louise_Oaktree
05-06-2009, 12:05 PM
I can see both sides to this situation, but just wanted to add that I have tried to access several of these gym type groups (some are music groups but run on same principles) and as a Childminder I have always been given the cold shoulder saying how it would be impossible for me to supervise more than 1 child during the exercises. I can see their point for the gym but in a music group?! They also want you to pay termly and it's usually £5 per child :eek: they also have strict rules on ages so as I have always had a large age range (1 baby, 1 toddler & 3 yr old) then I wasn't welcome :(