PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck new parent coming on Friday night

Bitsy Beans
03-06-2009, 04:06 PM
I haven't posted on here for a while. Felt a bit dispondant about the whole business and felt like I haven't anything positive to contribute.
So after a leaflet drop, putting my name about, 3 months after registration and two let downs I have a potential new client coming Friday night.
She only needs 8 hours per week but given the drought I've been experiencing I'll take anything!!!

Wish me luck. Been here before so not getting hopes up. Again :o

PixiePetal
03-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Good luck, hope it works out :thumbsup:

Zoomie
03-06-2009, 04:23 PM
Fingers and toes crossed.

xx

misst104
03-06-2009, 04:27 PM
I really hope this one works out for you. Chin up hun :)

xxx

mumof1
03-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Good luck for friday, hope all goes well:)

estrelas
03-06-2009, 05:03 PM
good luck, i know its hard but you'll get there xx

grindal
03-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Just wanted to add my good luck too ;)

Bitsy Beans
03-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks ladies. You're very kind especially since I've been absent from this forum for a while.

sarah707
03-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Good luck! Will be thinking of you! :D

marian
03-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck!:)

Marian x

emler
03-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Good luck from me too :thumbsup:

Gizmo
03-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Good Luck let us know how it goes:thumbsup:

Tatjana
03-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Best of luck, really hope she signs up asap...let us know how you get on.

xx

Demonjill
03-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Good luck. Hope it goes well!:thumbsup:

angeldelight
03-06-2009, 09:56 PM
I haven't posted on here for a while. Felt a bit dispondant about the whole business and felt like I haven't anything positive to contribute.
So after a leaflet drop, putting my name about, 3 months after registration and two let downs I have a potential new client coming Friday night.
She only needs 8 hours per week but given the drought I've been experiencing I'll take anything!!!

Wish me luck. Been here before so not getting hopes up. Again :o

Sorry to feel you have been feeling down but always come here and chat to us we will make you feel better and most of us feel like that from time to time so know how you feel

Good news to hear you have a parent coming on Friday so lots of good luck vibes coming your way

Angel xx

Polka Dots
03-06-2009, 10:01 PM
All the best for Friday night. Stay positive, I know how hard it is. 8 hours could turn into more further down the line you never know. :thumbsup:

chewy sweets
04-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Best wishes and i'll keep my fingers crossed for you for Friday Night.
Good Luck and hope you get the job!:thumbsup:

ExBlondie
04-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Good luck for friday night! Stay positive and make her realise there is no one better than you :)

ORKSIE
04-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Hope all goes well, thinking of you tomorrow.

Bitsy Beans
05-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Well she came early evening. She was soooooooo nice. TBH I was feeling quite stressed and emotional about it (I think feeling like having to jump through hoops for nothing after the last escapades). Anyway she was lovely and she told me she was really pleased with what she saw at my home :blush:
I told her to go away and think about what we discussed and what she saw. My previous clients rushed into signing so I'd rather she took some time and thought about things. She wants to bring her daughter round to see me too so I suggested in a couple of weeks time as am busy next two weeks with various appointments/settling in for nursery for my son etc.
I was given the number of another lady who needs wrap around care for 2 kids at the same school. I did ring a leave a message today but not heard back. BUT I don't want to lead this first parent on and although its only for 8 hours my daughter is nearly 11 months and being quite demanding (plus waking mega early) so even thought it's only 8 hours a week it would bring in a little bit of money and ease me into the job. So even if this other parent rings me back I am not sure I would pursue it <quandry>

Here's hoping I won't be let down again :)

Demonjill
05-06-2009, 08:33 PM
That all sounds fab!

Good idea easing yourself in gently to your new routine etc. Good luck hope it goes the way you want it to:thumbsup:

Tippy Toes
06-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi there was just wondering if the lady has got back to you? x

Bitsy Beans
06-06-2009, 08:50 PM
I've deliberately told her to go away and think about things. Other potential clients wasted my time. I suggested she bring her daughter round if she wants to, she does but it will have to be in a couple of weeks time as I've got loads of appointments over next few weeks. Sounds lame but really can't fit her in. Since she doesn't need anyone til September there isn't any rush.

ORKSIE
06-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Keep your options open/ when you can:thumbsup:

Bitsy Beans
22-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Well here's an update.
Rang her this morning to say we were back off hols.
Bad news (as usual for me!). The school now have places to provide wrap around care full time so she will be sending her child there full time.
She was lovely and gave me feedback saying she really liked what she saw at my house and how I would have been her first choice.

So back to the drawing board. I am seriously beginning to question whether any of this is worth it. I can't compete with the before and after school club and there doesn't seem to be any other work out there at the moment.

So dunno what else to say at the moment. Just can't see this getting any better for me.

ORKSIE
22-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Sorry it didnt work out. Sending some good luck vibes your way. Hope something comes up soon:)

Bushpig
22-06-2009, 11:00 AM
Well here's an update.
Rang her this morning to say we were back off hols.
Bad news (as usual for me!). The school now have places to provide wrap around care full time so she will be sending her child there full time.
She was lovely and gave me feedback saying she really liked what she saw at my house and how I would have been her first choice.

So back to the drawing board. I am seriously beginning to question whether any of this is worth it. I can't compete with the before and after school club and there doesn't seem to be any other work out there at the moment.

So dunno what else to say at the moment. Just can't see this getting any better for me.

You know, as CMs, with the service we offer, and in our homes... we should not be competing with afterschool care I feel - as we offer loads more! It's difficult to find that balance of offering a competitive price with local care facilities but also not short-changing oneself. The latter often happens... to get the business sadly.

I do hope you get your vacancies filled soon ((hug))