PDA

View Full Version : Feeling broody!

queenie
14-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi everyone I was just wondering how many cm out there had 3 or more of their own children? I have 3 children myself but would love to have another one but unsure how this would work with maternity leave etc. Also how it would affect numbers? My youngest dd is starting full time school in Sep and I have 1 minded child under 2 . Any advice greatly received.:)

tulip0803
14-02-2008, 02:14 PM
I have 3 children but the gaps are large so they do not affect my childminding. DS 16 in April, DD1 is 11 in Aug and DD2 is 5 in Nov.

Providing you have been paying your National Insurance contirbutions you are entitled to Maternity Allowance of £112.75 per week or 90% of your average weekly earnings if less than the MA. The is non taxable so you do not put it through the books as earnings.

http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/Dev_008115.xml.html

I spoke to other local childminders and found places for all the children, one was with 2 different minders after school as we couldn't find her places with one. This enabled us to get the children used to their new minders. It is then the choice of the parents whether they want to come back to you at the end of your maternity leave or stay with their new minders.

You have to inform OFSTED of the birth of a new child and the baby will take one of the places you have for 0-5 years.

The year following her birth the Tax Office threatened to investigate my accounts as there was a large discrepancy in earnings from the previous year. I just said no problem you do realise I had a baby on ... and they said that explains it no problem.

Julia xx

Pipsqueak
14-02-2008, 06:45 PM
I have three little cherubs of my own (four if you count the really big who tries on occasion to pretend he is an adult).

I would love another one but Bri has had the snip and I reckon he may get a little suspicious.

I totally digress anyway and not sure about the other bits you have posted though - sorry.

JO S
15-02-2008, 08:00 AM
I've got 4 but am so broody!! Don't think I'll be able to talk OH into another bubba though.

Sorry can't help about mat leave etc.

JO. x

berkschick
15-02-2008, 10:39 AM
I have 4 but quite well spread out ( 13, 10, 6 and 1) so only 6 affect my numbers.

I dont know about the maternity bit as I had all of mine before I minded but Im sure you could work something out!

Spangles
15-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm interested in what you find out as we are currently planning to start trying for another baby in about 3 months time - after I've dieted, exercised and taken multi-vits and eaten more fruit and veg for a bit!

Last time was truly a nightmare and a half so if we do get pregnant I will no doubt bore you all with my depression and nerves or I will just disappear! Ha ha! That's a long way off though so don't panic!