PDA

View Full Version : can things get anyworst

Shirlwith3
03-06-2009, 03:45 PM
I have been told today that my car (Espace) nows needs yet another new engine, it was only replaced 2yrs ago next month.

It is going to be a real pain for me now with school run as twice a week my 4yr old dd & 4yr old mindee got to 2 different nurseries which are a 30-40mins walk apart with a massive hill in the route,plus have sister to take to school & pick, now I took this family on as I was able to do as I had a car but now that I am pg I am going to find it a real pain, really not sure what to do thing is it is good money.

I feel so sick with the stress of this all, just need to rant

Shirl

Spangles
03-06-2009, 03:50 PM
That's terrible. Have they said why it needs a new engine already? That can't be right. Will the garage who did it before be doing the work? Can't they give you a courtesy car?

Sorry that this is happened, that's really bad.

x

PixiePetal
03-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Deep breath......you are pg so everything seems worse.

Explain the car situation to mindees parents and see if between you, you can come up with a temporary plan till car is fixed. Sure they would not want you driving an unsafe car.

Sort the drop off priorities. Can anyone else help out - family member/friend for your DD till car mended? That will be one less trip, twice a week.

Shirlwith3
03-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Nope we have had the car only 2yrs too they said that the warrantee on the new engine is for 1yr & that we ahve to send a letter of complaint so in the mean, this car has been a pain since we got it as we only had it 11days & turbo blew which casued the engine to go too, then last yr we then had to have a new gear box fitted warrantee paid most of that then just 3weeks ago a coil went on the the car we paid for that to be replaced now this garage said it was to do with a piston.

I have just had enough, but we need a car :panic: :panic:

Spangles
03-06-2009, 04:16 PM
What a nightmare!

Write to Watchdog!

I think you/hubby should really make a fuss that's just not right is it. It must be a dud car or whatever they call it.

There must be something you can do about it. Have you phoned Citizens Advice see if they've got any advice or Trading Standards?

Pedagog
03-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Thats why we got rid of our espace, everything kept going wrong.

angeldelight
03-06-2009, 09:47 PM
What a pain

Hope you are ok?

Angel xx

Blaze
03-06-2009, 10:02 PM
Sounds like our old renault espace :o