PDA

View Full Version : My browser wont work The Forum !!!!!!!

Chanelle
03-06-2009, 01:08 PM
I can't believe this! I brought a new laptop for work and also so i can come on here and not have to stand at my home pc ....I can actually sit and relax while talking to you all !

.... well the problem is that when I click on a list of Threads, it wont bring up the new window ....I have pop-ups enabled so cant understand what is going on!

My new laptop is vista, my home pc is XP ..... Has anyone else had the same problem ?

Please please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :panic:

FizzysFriends
03-06-2009, 01:45 PM
What web browser are you using?

Are you using the web address to go straight into the forum, not the one where you have to click the enter button? That might solve it as there are no pop ups then on.

Try holding the control button when you are getting the problem and if that works there is a pop up blocker somewhere.

Chanelle
03-06-2009, 01:54 PM
I have a link that i saved in my favourites list. I allow pop-ups so pages from the sight come up but i do get some pop-ups on advertising etc ...

I use Internet Explorer ... it is really annoying when this happens as i lose threads i click on to read and then cant get them back up to view lol

sarah707
03-06-2009, 03:00 PM
With some systems you have to enable them...

I know when I changed to Firefox I had to tell it that I was happy to open Forum popups.

What browser are you using?

Chanelle
03-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Internet explorer 8 ...is what i use but i get this box that says Internet explorer has failed to work . It closes the page, tries to re open but closes it again.

It is soooooooooooo frustrating !!!!

sarah707
03-06-2009, 07:23 PM
It will be something to do with the way you have pop ups organised.

Go to tools menu, options and look through the tabs. You might spot something you can tweak. Just remember what you've done in case you need to change it back :laughing:

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

If you fancy a play, I use it all the time now instead of Internet Explorer, it's brilliant! :D

angeldelight
03-06-2009, 09:34 PM
Did you sort it out ?

Angel xx

miffy
03-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh that's sad!

I have no idea on the technical talk but hope you get it sorted soon :)

Miffy xx

Chanelle
15-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Heya all! I am still having problems :(

I miss you all lol

Some days are better than others and I have found I can views a couple of threads in minimised mode lol which is what i am using now lol

Well still using Internet Explorer and still having probs ... Pop ups are all allowed from here but it has started to do it for other web pages now too lol

I have no clue with Technical things either lol

Oh well .... Chat in a few weeks again lmao