View Full Version : taxe

03-06-2009, 09:47 AM
sorry to sound amazingly thick but how do i register with the tax people?

who else do i have to register with?

thanks for your help.

03-06-2009, 10:18 AM
You need to contact your local office and let them know you are self employed.

Have you informed your house insurance yet?

Also don't forget you are now a food business and need to tell your local environmental health.

Oh and if you store data on the computer you need to register with the ICO :D

03-06-2009, 10:44 AM
thanks sarah but what is a local office?
:blush: i'm really not with it at the mo!

03-06-2009, 11:08 AM
Register as self-employed
I want to...

We recommend:

You can go on-line to register. First steps to register as self-employed.

You can telephone the Newly Self-employed Helpline on 0845 915 4515

You can download and print an application (PDF 201K) to post to HMRC.


03-06-2009, 09:29 PM
thank you