View Full Version : arrrggghh help please

03-06-2009, 08:46 AM
both myself and my partner are looking into the tax return, its just come to light that I have under charged a mum £2 every four weeks as there was an error on the invoices, which I alter the totals and dates where needed...

Ive had the kids since sept 08 so it shouldnt be too buch.... what do i do??

to I put it down to experiance or do I explain to mum what happened?? shes quiet easy going and easy to talk to.

what would you do??

Chatterbox Childcare
03-06-2009, 08:49 AM
I would chalk it up to experience, explain to mum what has happened and say that I won't be back charging but the amount will chance from this month.

You may be lucky and she volunteers to pay you anyway.

03-06-2009, 09:08 AM
I would put it down to experience TBH, start charging the right amount from now on though, just let mum know why the invoice will have increased :)

03-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Personally I would leave it...make sure you amend invoices from now on :)

03-06-2009, 12:47 PM
Agree, I would explain what has happened and alter invoices from now onwards.

03-06-2009, 03:19 PM
I dont think you can get the money owed back. But you can alter the amount to the correct amount from now on.:)

03-06-2009, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't try and get the money back from her, just accept it and correct it from now on.

Must be really irritating now that you've noticed!


03-06-2009, 03:54 PM
You might be lucky and get some of the money back. I had a mindee a few years ago and when they were leaving the dad gave me a cheque and said he had been looking at the invoices and I had been undercharging by a small amount. :blush:
It happened because they kept changing their hours. It didn't amount to a lot but I was so touched. Their are some good parents out there. :jump for joy:

03-06-2009, 04:11 PM
Sorry post seemed to repeat itself!!!!!!!