PDA

View Full Version : pre reg advertising and deposits

daniellemummy
02-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Hello everyone - sorry I have not been on the forum for a while I've had my prereg visit and am now in the crb waiting club! :laughing:

I have two questions though and if someone could help that would be great!

firstly....!

Is it okay for me to advertise myself as someone who is in the process of registering as a childminder? ie making it clear I am not yet registered but all being well...anticipate I will be in august?

and secondly....!

I've had one mum who knows my pre-reg situaiton and has asked about me having her two little ones full time from September!!! brilliant!!"

so....is it okay to take a non refundable deposit (which I'd take off fees on starting) to save a place before I am registered (refundable of course if for whatever reason registration doesn't come through)

(made it clear I'm pre-reg and couldn't take kids unless registration comes through)

sorry for rambling post but would be great if you could give me some advice - this forum is so fantastic about advice!:blush:

xxx

claireodon
03-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Hi, there have been other posts on here about this and the consensus is that it is fine to advertise before registering. I have been doing that and making clear that I am not registered to work at the moment (a lot of enquiries are for Sept onwards anyway so shouldn't be a prob). Should think the only problem about taking deposits would be if registration takes a lot longer than expected although if you had to let the people go you would just refund the deposit really.

FizzysFriends
03-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Yes you can advertise as long as your not saying you are registered.

I don't know about the deposit because you normally take a deposit when contracts are signed but you can't do contracts until you are registered. I wouldn't take one but then as a parent I wouldn't pay one either without a contract.

Toothfairy
03-06-2009, 01:10 PM
I would advertise as being 'in the process' of being registered and start up a waiting list of any potential clients. I would not take a deposit until my registration was fully up and running and I was able to sign contracts.

chewy sweets
03-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Yes I'm pre Reg and am going to start advertising soon. But will be stating-
"Soon to be Registered Childminder" and just state that your awaiting your registration Certificate.
Hope this Helps.:thumbsup:

Tatjana
03-06-2009, 07:09 PM
I don't think you can take a deposit as a childminder as you aren't one yet.

Then again, I might be wrong?!

Hope you're registered asap!

xx

Gizmo
03-06-2009, 07:26 PM
You are allowed to advertise pre reg as long as you state it, dont think you are allowed to take a deposit

Daftbat
03-06-2009, 09:12 PM
You are able to advertise so long as its clear about registration. You are not able to take a deposit for a place which is not actually available as you are not registered.

Hopefully won't be long before you are though and then you can do the whole thing. Good luck:thumbsup:

daniellemummy
03-06-2009, 10:01 PM
thanks for your replys, really helpful!

am meeting with the mum tomorrow (nervous!!) and spoke with her on the phone tonight - she was very nice and fully understood about pre reg and was happy with that as care would be from september (so fingers crossed all comes through before then!)

am going to put her on my waiting list (which is just her at the moment! :laughing: ) if she is happy with that

I am going to say that I will require a deposit - once registered and when we can do contracts etc....

think of me tomorrow at 11 am when she comes!!

x

Demonjill
04-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Good luck with the mum today!

Fingers x it goes well for you :thumbsup:

Alz
06-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Oooooh, good thread...all interesting to know! I best get my name out there too!!!:thumbsup: