View Full Version : Which is best?

14-02-2008, 11:40 AM
I did my NVQ2 Certificate In Childcare And Education at college, i plan to do the diploma in homebased childcare once i start working. once i have completed the diploma would there be any point in doin NVQ3 diploma in childcare and education and diploma in playwork? or would it be good to have all them?

14-02-2008, 11:46 AM
You only really need one level 3 qualification... then you can think about moving on to a level 4 :eek:

I would say if you want to stay in home based childcare then do that one, if you want to move on to nurseries etc in the future then the other one is more portable.

Playwork is for after school clubs and working with over 5s... so that would be another route to consider for your future if you were thinking of moving into that area - not so good with under 5s really, acc to a trainer I spoke to a while ago.

Good luck deciding! :D

14-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Thank you :) i will have to look at the level 4's!