PDA

View Full Version : charging double time after a 10 hour day

mozarella
02-06-2009, 08:05 PM
After day 2, the mum realised that her commute os much longer to work and wants me to work an extra 30 minutes for her 2 kids, bringing the day from 9.00 am till 7.30 pm

TBH once I reached 6.00 pm I am looking at my watch until they get picked up as I am tired, I still have my baby to bath etc and the children are getting a bit difficult.

So I thought of saying double time as it is over 10 hours, is this reasonable to ask?

Moz

LittleMissSparkles
02-06-2009, 08:21 PM
I charge overtime rates for anything after 6pm and before 8am, 10 hours a day is enough for me as i have my own family too like you

It is your business hunnie if you do not want to work past 6 you dont have too unless YOU chose too, charge what you feelis right hunnie it has to be worht it too work all those hours doesnt it xxx

grindal
02-06-2009, 08:21 PM
If it is in addition to your contracted hours I see no problem in asking - the worst she can do is refuse. I would not like to have mindees at my house after 6 o'clock :eek:

haribo
02-06-2009, 08:28 PM
i definately would its unsocial hours and really cuts into your family time x

TheBTeam
02-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Not sure what she does for a living, but i would be asking if she could make the hours earlier, maybe 30 mins or hour earlier to make the finish time 30 mins or so earlier if you agree to her extra time. I would much rather work before 9am than after 6-7pm at night!

I have only ever been asked for a 10 hour day at the longest so hadn't given the extra time a thought for charging, but i would charge more after 6pm if i could get away with it!

Depending on the age of the children i would also be saying that you may have to bath your daughter whilst mindees played/watched tv downstairs and remained in your hearing.

Hebs
02-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Mindees I have now I have from 7.30am until 8.30pm if mum is on an 8 til 8 shift!

And I have 1 mindee overnight tonight!

yummymummy
03-06-2009, 07:18 AM
I have two siblings one day a week 7.30-7pm. After 6pm the school aged sibling gets really hyper and I do find it a bit much. It never occurred to me to charge unsociable hour fee as it is hard enough to find mindees in this area anyway. I must say though that although I am paid until 7pm dad normally arrives at about 6.30pm but can't rely on that as he does sometimes arrive at 7pm but to be honest if it was not only for one day I don't think I would consider such a long day it is really hard going, not only on me and my family but the mindees are really tired too.

Toothfairy
03-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I finish at 6pm so any hours worked past this I would charge time and a half for.

grindal
03-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Am gonna remember to add to my contracts next time that I charge double time for additional late and early hours :)