PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Accor child care vouchers

busybecs
02-06-2009, 06:50 PM
A new parent of mine wants to use them as payment, but I've had a look on Accor website and it all looks good for parents and workforces telling you how fantastic they are but can't find anything about what to do if you are a carer, and how to set it all up. I'd be grateful to know more please.

Chanelle
02-06-2009, 07:07 PM
As far as I know the parent should be the one who sets this up and gives your bank details to them or alternativly you contact them with your details.
They pay their part of the fee intop your account, then the parent will pay the difference.
I think that ACCOR pay in arrears tho, so watch out for that !

I think this is how it is done at work (Nursery)

miss mopple
02-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Its really simple.

All you do is fill in a form with banks details etc and send a copy of your certificate and the parents authorise the payment into your bank each month :thumbsup:

Accor are really reliable in my experience. Shame I cant say the same for sodexo who it appears are trying to keep my money until friday when it was authorised for release last saturday :angry:

madasahatter
02-06-2009, 07:44 PM
I agree accor are very reliable. They have been around for a long long time (over 10 yrs).
With regards to paying in arrears...well that just depends on how it is set up. Parents cannot authorise a payment until money has gone into their accor account from their wages. So there are 2 options either you ask for the first weeks/months payment up front or the parent has to make a quick transfer into accor (I'd get the parents to pay the 1st weeks/months fees up front).
All the parents I have pay the full amount of their childcare through the voucher companies (not just the £50/week tax free bit) so there's no top-ups needed.

miffy
02-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Its really simple.

All you do is fill in a form with banks details etc and send a copy of your certificate and the parents authorise the payment into your bank each month :thumbsup:

Accor are really reliable in my experience.

That's it, in a nutshell!

I've been using Accor for a while and they are pretty good

Miffy xx

hello kitty
02-06-2009, 09:25 PM
That's it, in a nutshell!

I've been using Accor for a while and they are pretty good

Miffy xx

Me too, no probs. It does also depend on the parent authorising the transfer too.

Chatterbox Childcare
02-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Accor were the first company to do vouchers, even prior to the government iniative.

Fast and reliable

rickysmiths
02-06-2009, 11:18 PM
I agree accor are very reliable. They have been around for a long long time (over 10 yrs).
With regards to paying in arrears...well that just depends on how it is set up. Parents cannot authorise a payment until money has gone into their accor account from their wages. So there are 2 options either you ask for the first weeks/months payment up front or the parent has to make a quick transfer into accor (I'd get the parents to pay the 1st weeks/months fees up front).
All the parents I have pay the full amount of their childcare through the voucher companies (not just the £50/week tax free bit) so there's no top-ups needed.

Makes me feel old, my first mindees parent paid with Accor Vouchers, they were like Luncheon Vouchers (showing my age now!!:laughing: ) £6 per day and I had to send them off each week and they would send me a cheque! That was 15yrs ago lol :laughing: After 3yrs they were paying the money into my account instead of sending a cheque.

They paid me £65pw so getting £6 per day (£30pw) was very generous of the employer. Yes that right they were given to the dad just like I used to get luncheon vouchers when i worked in london.

loocyloo
02-06-2009, 11:29 PM
i have accor vouchers. brilliant, i have NEVER had a problem with them ( well, only once when mum made a mistake !!! )

i get paid in advance and get email reciepts etc.

x

wellybelly
03-06-2009, 06:52 AM
Sorry, can someone say how it works as I dont understand. I want to paid up front, not at the end of the month. Do I ask parents to pay themselves for the first month and then accor pay the following?

CCJD
03-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Hi

I have a parent who pays me in advance with Accor vouchers - it's simply a matter of using June's salary (and Accor vouchers) to pay for July's childcare. Depending on what time of the month the child is starting etc, and how quickly the parents can have this set up, then it may be that the parents have to pay you the first month direct themselves. Essentially though it should make no difference to the parents - paying you direct they would have had to use June's salary for July's childcare and the same is applicable for vouchers.

Basically when the parent gets paid (say the 28th) of the month, their company sends part of their salary over to Accor who then transfer the money to you. Parents can set up an automatic payment so that it goes over to you without them having to do anything each month or they can opt to manually authorise the payment going to you.

Hope that answers your question :)

HELEN10
03-06-2009, 09:00 AM
I have just started with Accor too with one parent and she tops it up, all in advance though! Very easy to set up just follows links for childminder on site and fill in bank details etc and they will send you a reference no. that you have to give to the parent which she uses to transfer money.

They need copy of your reg certif. but don't even need to send that i just scanned and emailed it!

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
03-06-2009, 11:06 AM
I have used Accor as well in the past and never had any problems with them at all.