PDA

View Full Version : Form stating parent has read policies and procedures???

little miss sunshine
14-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Can anyone help me by letting me know how to word a form for the parent to sign stating they have read the policies and procedures. I know it sounds easy but I want it to look professional and to be honest with just starting up my head is numb.
Kind regards
Janet x

sarah707
14-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Mine is in with all my permissions and says -

I also confirm the following –
• I have been fully appraised of all policies, documents and procedures drawn up by xxx and by signing here, I agree that I have read and understood the policies and agree with their contents

Ofsted were perfectly happy with this! :D

little miss sunshine
14-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks Sarah that has helped my tired little mind:laughing:

Banana
14-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Some members I know get the parents so sign every individual form which is a good idea. But I use just one as you have mentioned.

It basically says,

I/We agree to have seen all of the policies of cheeky rascals childminding and agree to the terms and procedures detailed.

then get them to sign and date the form.

Nothing fancy but it does the job

x

sarah707
14-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks Sarah that has helped my tired little mind:laughing:

Have you had enough? :laughing:

berkschick
14-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Yes, mine is much the same excapt I add that they confirm that they have received a copy of my complaints and fees, holiday and sickness policy and that any copies of my other policys are available to them upon request.

ma7ie
14-02-2008, 01:35 PM
I list all my policies and procedures with tick boxes after them, then ask the parent to tick each box. I use the wording below and ask each parent to sign and date it.

I confirm that I have received a copy of my childminder’s Policies and Procedures.

I can also confirm that I have read, understood and agree with all Policies and Procedures.

Date:
Signature:
Name:

I also do this when updating my policies and keep it all in the childs file.

Marie x

miffy
14-02-2008, 01:37 PM
I list all my policies and procedures with tick boxes after them, then ask the parent to tick each box. I use the wording below and ask each parent to sign and date it.

I confirm that I have received a copy of my childminder’s Policies and Procedures.

I can also confirm that I have read, understood and agree with all Policies and Procedures.

Date:
Signature:
Name:

I also do this when updating my policies and keep it all in the childs file.

Marie x

I do the same :)

Miffy xx

deeb66
14-02-2008, 07:37 PM
This is what I do too.

Pipsqueak
14-02-2008, 08:02 PM
The thing is that parents don't actually read any documentation you give them - they just sign that they do and then whinge later that they didn't know:rolleyes:

I get them to sign a form that is very similar to what everyone else is saying but I incorporate my Policies and Procedures on the contract with
a footnote on each page saying "these policies are part of the contact" and putting in the notes section of the Contract - "the policies and procedures you have been given, read and signed agreement to are part of this contract" - that then makes them legally binding!