PDA

View Full Version : What type of play table do you have?

Toothfairy
02-06-2009, 02:48 PM
At the moment I have a little wooden table with 2 benches, and it stands about knee hight.
It is looking a bit worse for wear as I have had it years, so I am moving it out into the garden to be used as a messy play table and therefore am on the look out for a new play table for indoors.

Please can you show me what tables you all have or if you have seen any bargains can you let me know.

TheBTeam
02-06-2009, 03:02 PM
I have a fold up/height adjustable table so that when i need to reclaim the space i can and it is adjustable according to the height of the children using it, and big enough to get 6-8 children drawing or eating on.

I paid about £30 i think and they do similar ones that are used for camping etc. in Argos, although i think i got mine online.

Zoomie
02-06-2009, 03:07 PM
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20072816

very basic, but at £ 13.69 for a table and two chairs, I thought it was very reasonable

Mouse
02-06-2009, 03:10 PM
I've got 2 of the Ikea ones for indoors, plus 3 Little Tikes picnic bench type ones outside that I bring in if need be.

PixiePetal
02-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Got mine from NES Arnold in the sale earlier in the year.

Folding legs like a school table but smaller! Nurseries have them a lot, folds away behind the sofa at the end of the day.

Expensive but SO worth it :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
02-06-2009, 04:37 PM
I have the round one from Ikea, it seats 5.

manjay
02-06-2009, 04:50 PM

Folding legs like a school table but smaller! Nurseries have them a lot, folds away behind the sofa at the end of the day.

I have one of these too. I went direct to the supplier so slightly cheaper than SBS/NES Arnold but well well worth it. One of my best buys

The Juggler
02-06-2009, 06:03 PM
I have one of these too. I went direct to the supplier so slightly cheaper than SBS/NES Arnold but well well worth it. One of my best buys

I've got an old chunky coffee table with drawers underneath - got from a friend (might find one in charity shop). Just right height for toddlers and drawers great for storing puzzles etc.

PixiePetal
02-06-2009, 06:06 PM

Can you tell where you got yours? I would like another and if I can get it a bit cheaper then all the better :thumbsup:

Def one of my best buys ever :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Angela234
02-06-2009, 06:24 PM
I have the round one from Ikea

Also a wooden one with 2 coloured bench/seats that fit into it a a storage unit on casters that fits under centre of table

I also use a coffee table which is kids height

Outside i have little tikes picnic bench with seats

Also cheap plastic square table

I also take the Ikea table outside when needed

Toothfairy
03-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks everyone. :thumbsup:

Lady Haha
03-06-2009, 07:23 PM
I have the round one from Ikea, it seats 5.

If thats the Mammut one thats plastic and quite chunky, it's the same one I have.

I can't rate this table highly enough! We do all our arts and crafts and stuff on it, paint, glitter and felt tip pen go on it and comes off so easily, you would never know it had ever been there!!! I love it cos it always looks so new and clean because it comes up so great!!! It also has a small slope upwards around the outside, so perfect for keeping (most of ) the glitter etc on the table!

My only complaint is that they don't do bigger ones as it's a five seater and I have to squeeze six round it sometimes and I might be getting another mindee come Sept! I was thinking of replacing it with two of the rectangular ones from the same range!

manjay
03-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Can you tell where you got yours? I would like another and if I can get it a bit cheaper then all the better :thumbsup:

Def one of my best buys ever :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I got mine direct from Gopak but it was in the sale. Just looked on their site and they look to have gone up loads:(

PixiePetal
03-06-2009, 07:35 PM
I got mine direct from Gopak but it was in the sale. Just looked on their site and they look to have gone up loads:(

OH POOP!

Never mind, will stick it onto favourites and keep checking for a sale :D

Thanks anyway x

nannymcflea
03-06-2009, 07:44 PM
The floor. Shower curtain and old table cloth, trays for paining/playdoh.

I realise this isn't practical for all but kids can move around freely and it gives another dimension to play but you do need to be watching them with the paint or do it with older ones.

balloon
03-06-2009, 09:11 PM
If thats the Mammut one thats plastic and quite chunky, it's the same one I have.

I can't rate this table highly enough! We do all our arts and crafts and stuff on it, paint, glitter and felt tip pen go on it and comes off so easily, you would never know it had ever been there!!! I love it cos it always looks so new and clean because it comes up so great!!! It also has a small slope upwards around the outside, so perfect for keeping (most of ) the glitter etc on the table!

I have this too and totally agree it's fantastic. The chairs that are from the same range are rubbish though, the legs keep falling off mine! (The stools are fine though and half the price!)

miffy
03-06-2009, 09:39 PM

I have one of these that I got from a playgroup that was closing down - it's great, we use it every day.

Miffy xx

mandy moo
04-06-2009, 11:28 AM
The floor. Shower curtain and old table cloth, trays for paining/playdoh.

I realise this isn't practical for all but kids can move around freely and it gives another dimension to play but you do need to be watching them with the paint or do it with older ones.

:laughing: :laughing:
Or outsideprehaps..lol

FizzysFriends
04-06-2009, 01:08 PM
I have this too and totally agree it's fantastic. The chairs that are from the same range are rubbish though, the legs keep falling off mine! (The stools are fine though and half the price!)

I have 4 stools and 1 chair (stools for the older ones and a chair for the LO), not had any problems with the legs on the chair though.

Toothfairy
04-06-2009, 02:45 PM
Thanks everyone.
I'm going to take a look at Ikea, alot of you seem to like the round table.
I would love one of the little school tables but they are a bit expensive for me at the moment.

Ikea here I come :thumbsup:

Lady Haha
04-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Hi, I posted abit above about the Mammut round Ikea table. I would suggest getting different chairs. I got chairs from Ikea which are metal with multi coloured plastic weave on them (best way I can describe!) and they are stackable too! They are nearly a tenner each, but cheaper than the ones that actually go with the table.