PDA

View Full Version : Policies etc

tinytigers
14-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone

I am starting my ICP course on 5th March. Is it best to wait until then to start doing my policies and procedures or can I start and get things under way.

I have bought a really good book which explains lots that you have to do and this forum is great.

What do you think?

Thanks

sarah707
14-02-2008, 11:23 AM
No harm in making a start... I tweak mine on a regular basis, so they're never really done.

I'd look at Bromley for lots of ideas and ncma site...

Out of interest, which book have you bought? It might be useful for other new members if you can recommend it... :D

Banana
14-02-2008, 11:28 AM
As soon as you have an idea about the content of your polices and procedures I would make a start - there are quite a few to get through, by the time I finished the icp I had done about 3/4 of my policies but even in doing that I was always finding things I wanted to change or something else to put in. So make a start and see how you go

x

tinytigers
14-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Out of interest, which book have you bought? It might be useful for other new members if you can recommend it... :D

The book I have bought is Starting Your Own Childminding Business by Allison Lee.

I have only read about a quarter of it so far but there are some great tips in there.

miffy
14-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Let us know any good tips

The bromley site is www.bromleycma.org.uk

Good luck with your ICP

Miffy xx

ma7ie
14-02-2008, 01:15 PM
This is the online version of the book.
http://www.startingyourownchildmindingbusiness.info/

Marie x

miffy
14-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks Marie

It does look good and seems to cover everything

Miffy xx

deeb66
14-02-2008, 07:34 PM
It definately looks like a good book and a really useful site.