PDA

View Full Version : To you all who have assistants.....

Ben10mad
02-06-2009, 12:27 PM
Right here i go..............
Im taking on a assistant and wanting one to be classed as self employed so i dont have to pay there tax and insurance. At the end of the year when our tax return forms are due then does this mean i take her wages off my yearly wage for that year?
also i have printed the slip off ofsteds website for my numbers to be changed due to me having an assistant, i haven't yet got one(my mom changed her mind:0( ) do they need to know everything about this person before they concider changing my numbers?

Farrah x

FizzysFriends
02-06-2009, 01:11 PM
I haven't got one myself but I think you have to registered them first and then write in to get your numbers changed so they can concider if you have enough space etc.

You assistants money will be an expense.

TheBTeam
02-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I filled out the forms and sent them off and an inspector came to visit and it was this point that we discussed extra numbers and assistants in sole charge etc.

geordiebunny
02-06-2009, 03:28 PM
there is a box on the return for wages so you would put it in there on a long page or included in your expenses on the 3 line version, good luck with finding an assistant am lucky as registering my husband but as a volunteer so won't be paying him.

TheBTeam
02-06-2009, 03:30 PM
there is a box on the return for wages so you would put it in there on a long page or included in your expenses on the 3 line version, good luck with finding an assistant am lucky as registering my husband but as a volunteer so won't be paying him.

I am sure Debbies26 (think it was her, sorry to whoever if it wasn't) will pick up on this, her good advice to me was that it might be worth you paying him something especially if he has no earnings and will be registered as self employed so that you have less earnings for tax purposes.

Ben10mad
02-06-2009, 03:39 PM
I filled out the forms and sent them off and an inspector came to visit and it was this point that we discussed extra numbers and assistants in sole charge etc.

When they come and visit do they go though any paper work because if they do think i'll be holding off for abit.lol

Chatterbox Childcare
02-06-2009, 09:59 PM
I would advise you to ask for a variation stating that you would have an assistant. Ofsted would change your certificate stating how many children you can normally have and then another paragraph stating "with an assistant may have no more than .......................)

You will be set up then when you find someone else

Chatterbox Childcare
02-06-2009, 10:00 PM

you still need to get your employers liability insurance for volunteers and to keep a log of when he is with you

honey
06-06-2009, 12:57 PM
would love to have an assisstant as had to say no so a few parents about spaces, but hubby said that the amount of money you would have to pay out i.e basic wage, it wouldnt be worth it, plus i would have to get a mini van for days out or trips to the park etc LOL.