PDA

View Full Version : Observations

lady boss
01-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Hi All,

I am currently working at my NVQ level 3. I have an assessor that comes out to see me, and i had been doing all my obs next steps ect with pictures and doing just fine, but she has given me a new sheet to do my obs which is really making my life a lot harder.:(
The new sheet she has given me starts off with me writing what i observed and what i will do the sheet has all 6 elements creative, knowledge etc, then after each heading she wants me to write a play activity that covers each step, then how it will help, what i need, next steps ect. While this is good as it covers each step, i have done a couple but am finding it really difficult to keep coming up with new things that cover all areas of development.
I much prefered what i was doing which was my own sheet saying what i observed what we did and a pic then next steps.
I am really struggling with all the paper work. I have a folder for each child with wow moments page pictures they have done ect, but this new sheet is really bugging me. Do you think i can just go back to my own sheets or will she make me do hers?

Would be grateful of your thoughts on this.....Thank you

Daftbat
01-06-2009, 07:54 PM
I am pretty confident that you would be ok to use your own sheets. So long as you are showing how the next steps and learning areas are met then where's the problem?

I am sure that the sheets she gave you are perhaps something someone else has been using and wondered if they might appeal to you.

sarah707
01-06-2009, 07:57 PM
You need to show a progression of learning and development.

You need to do an observation... assess the observation against the Eyfs areas of learning and development... plan for the child's next steps...

However you write this down is totally up to you!

Nobody has the definitive form because there isn't one!

Please do not struggle, there is no need. If something doesn't suit you, change it! :D

Chatterbox Childcare
01-06-2009, 09:09 PM
If she only needs to see it once, give her an example and say you prefer your own sheet