PDA

View Full Version : Funding to help with outdoor learning

gailee
01-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Has anyone else had a letter from their council?? offering a grant to improve the experiences of the children to support the delivery of the EYFS improving play and physical activities. I don't understand if the funding is for the whole of the area or individual(sp) childminder??? :(

Polly2
01-06-2009, 05:21 PM
I wish !!! No funding for anything here :(

Pipsqueak
01-06-2009, 05:24 PM
nope, nowt for us - STILL! lol

Mouse
01-06-2009, 05:32 PM
We've had £1000 so far and were supposed to be getting more. Nurseries have already have their second lot, but we're still waiting :rolleyes:

It varies so much from area to area. I'm sure there must be a fairer way to do it.

PixiePetal
01-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Has anyone else had a letter from their council?? offering a grant to improve the experiences of the children to support the delivery of the EYFS improving play and physical activities. I don't understand if the funding is for the whole of the area or individual(sp) childminder??? :(

We have had a letter about something - must dig it out and read. :rolleyes:

So far I have received a fat file called 'learning through landscapes' ( which would have cost £60 and membership so we get bits to read sent to us to put in file as far as I can make out) aimed mainly at Nurseries anyway - would rather have had the £60 for resources. Can't remember who sent it!

Don't know what else, as I said , will dig out the letter. Thought it said something about improving outdoor space and a grant though and details would follow. That's when useless file arrived, maybe they are not related :rolleyes:

The Juggler
01-06-2009, 05:50 PM
I wish !!! No funding for anything here :(

ditto they asked what we'd like, I said loads of outdoor equipment but they are only offering loan stuff from the children's center rather than offering individual grants.

tinkerbelle
01-06-2009, 06:34 PM
we have not had anything either i had a man come on saturday about conservatory and he said get in touch with your council as he had signed 2 other minders up in recent weeks one of them had a grant for 75% of the cost of the conservatory one is rotherham i think he said but we get nothing :censored:

gailee
01-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Well we don't get anything usually?? But i might enquire tomorow??? It reads on the letter "The minimum costs for the project must be £2,500 but if a few childminder in the area use the same supplier then these could be totalled together.You will be offered help and support to submit a proposal and bid which will include getting quotes for the work or materials."