PDA

View Full Version : CRB DISCLOSURE

It's a small world
01-06-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi Everyone.

Not been on for a while. Anyway had my CRB disclosure this morning.Does this mean I am now ready to for my ofsted reg certificate. Do I need to do anything with the crb disclosure or just keep it safe?. Can someone please give me a little advice on what happens next. I have a list but wanted to check if I've missed anything? Panicking now as eveything going so fast

1-Wait for Ofted Reg certificate ( been told this should take 14 days)
2-Once reg cert recuieved get in touch with NCMA become a member recieve liability insurance through them.
3-Sort out business bank account
4-Sort out business car insurance (getting new care , people carrier)
5-Print off all forms, policies, contracts, all about me books, menus , make sure all paperwork upto date and correct.
6-Re do risk assessment check nothing nnew needs to be done.
7- Complete logbook for training (finished last module last week- send that off)
8-Advertise
9-Don't panic !!!!!!

Have I missed anything? ahhhhhhhhhhhhh (oh yes I know ...remember number 9 )
Bound to have missed something.

Help K x:eek:

Zoomie
01-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Awww, Kerrie it sounds very close.

Have you got everyone (over 16's) CRBs back now ?, If so, phone and check Ofsted have their copy and if there is anything outstanding, as them to tell you. Then it should be much more than a week after that, till you get your cert.

You don't have to have a business bank account - you can just use your own, but if you find it easier, then sure.

Sort out your car insurance at same time as getting the new car. I have actually had mine since my pre-reg visit in early April.

Get your RAs as up to date as possible. You'll have to recheck them when you sign up mindees but if the bulk of it is done, happy days.

And as for your paperwork, if you are happy with it, print it off and have it ready. Someone a parent comes to see you within a hour of calling, and you might not have time to re-look at it (I would be too busy cleaning my house).

And you can most certainly 'advertise' through word of mouth, and meeting up with other childminders now.

Fingers crossed, and good luck.

It's a small world
01-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Thanks Zoomie

Can't believe how fast it has come. Doesn't seem that long ago I was saying going to be another couple of months before up and running. Glad we have good weather hope it lasts can then get out and about exploring wiht my 'mindees' have a couple lined up already but need another one as ones I have lined up both part timers.

Appreciate your help feel a bit more calmer now. Not long till I'm one of the gang.

K x