View Full Version : do you crb check your foreign students?

01-06-2009, 01:09 PM
hmm.. ?? I ask because I've been offered a course leader who is rarely
gonna be at my place and Ofsted have said he will need a EY2 and a
Certificate of good Conduct from his embassy.. well he's coming in 3
weeks and I don't see me getting anything complete by then.. it seems
such a shame as he is 25 but he is probably never gonna see the kids..
and as he'll be travelling around the country he's probably hardly gonna
be here .. can anyone help me with this please?

01-06-2009, 01:17 PM
CRB checks are not possible for non UK citizens. I do however feel that he should be checked as appropriate for his country of origin.

01-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I would be inclinded to write to Ofsted with a grid of the children you have and the times they are with you. Then briefly explain when this fellow will be with you so it illustrates that he will hardly ever be in the house with the children. When he is explain how he will never be left alone with them.

I would get the signed agreement of all the parents on the bottom of a form that explains it all to them and send a copy of that with your letter.

I would thensay you feel it is a bit over the top and with the time scale difficult to do what they seem to want.

How is he coming to you is it through some organization? If so could they write a letter for you to include explaining that he will hardly be at the house and why?