PDA

View Full Version : do you record every accident?

uf353432
01-06-2009, 01:05 PM
as the title says do you record every bump and scrap? if say a 4 yr old tumbles, is fine just fell would you record it - or just let it go? no blood, no broken skin, no first aid, just a stumble onto his bum. I don't want to be overkill be recording every bump - as boys will be boys!

amirose
01-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Well I am going to reply honestly and say, if there is no injury and the child is not in the slightest bit upset then no (unless it involves the head!!!)

sue m
01-06-2009, 01:45 PM
I've just recorded one this lunch time. My lo is 22 months and she walked right into the door frame and cried for about 2 mins. She has a little red lump on her head so I thought I'd record that, it being her head. It all goes in the daily diary anyway but as amirose said, cos it was her head, I've recorded it.

Polly2
01-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I only record if child very upset, skin broken, obviously going to bruise or bump to the head.

But I do inform parent verbally even if not recording in my book.

Daftbat
01-06-2009, 02:47 PM
I don't record every tumble and bump - would need a new book every month toherwise. It its a head bump or if a bruise or mark shows then i do. I also tell parents anyway if there has been any that i felt did not justify the acc book.

Jacqui116
01-06-2009, 02:54 PM
I dont record very fall or bump unless a mark has been left but I do tell parents even if I have not recorded it which my parents are okay with.

If u did record everything u end up with alot of paperwork.

Jacqui

helenlc
01-06-2009, 04:55 PM
I record head injuries and ones where it has left a bump/bled etc.

Otherwise, I just tell Mum verbally that they have been a bit clumsy and fallen over a few times.

ORKSIE
02-06-2009, 06:16 PM
If a child falls....Hasnt hit there head, no skin broken any where, i personally would not record it, but, i would write it in their daily diary and tell Mum.
On the other hand if the child had hit their head and whether or not their is a mark of any kind I would record it and write it in the diary, also if they have cut themselves by any means, I would always inform mum verbally as well:)

grindal
02-06-2009, 08:26 PM
I used my accident book last week as my DS whacked my mindee on the head while demonstrating how to use a musical shaker (DS is only 18 months - it was an accident honest :eek: )
Anyway, he had a bit of a bump but it was on his head so i filled it in for his mum and gave it to her when she arrived (by which time the bump and mark had disappeared) and she said she had never received anything like that from her previous minder. Mindee then promptly stuffed the form in his mouth and started to chew it :panic:

whisper_1981
02-06-2009, 08:58 PM
hi i am new to this altho i work in a nursery when i have got up and running i would record any accident unless it is a little tumple or run of the mill child being clumbsy sort of thing if that make sence? more so as it would cover me if any parent was to get funny or if a little bruse or n e thing was to show up ..................... sorry i am not making much sence lol