PDA

View Full Version : Childcare register confusion

Debster
01-06-2009, 12:43 PM
when I registered my inspector put me on the early years register the child care register and the voluntary part of the childcare register. that is what she recommended. When ofsted called for my inspoection she said she would have to remove me from the voluntary part of the register as I did not have at least level 2 qualification???I was not told this and find it odd that they require a formal qualification for something Iam volunteering to do. Iam working towars my NVQ level 3 so she said it may be ok to leave it as long as I finish this year has anyone else heard of this?. The inspector that came to my freind last week did the same.
Deb

sarah707
01-06-2009, 12:53 PM
I know that you will have to be qualified to level 2, it says that in the Childcare register for the voluntary part only...

Childminders and home childcarers must have successfully completed a:
 qualification at a minimum of level 2 in an area of work relevant to childcare, or
 training in the core skills as set out in the document ‘common core of skills and knowledge for the children’s workforce’.

However, I was not aware they were pushing this yet. I thought it was a future aim.

It seems ridiculous that you have to be more qualified for a voluntary register than to look after little ones under Eyfs doesn't it?

I would email Ofsted and ask what their current position on this one is and why they are de-registering you all of a sudden.

enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Please let us know what they say! :D