PDA

View Full Version : Paddling Pools

Chatterbox Childcare
01-06-2009, 08:28 AM
Do you have yours up today?

I brought a new pool last year but cannot find the cover so we cannot leave it up or it catches all the leaves and bugs during the night. Needs 2 days to warm up enough.

Looks like they will be playing in the sprinkler this afternoon instead.

What do yours do to keep cool and have fun?

LOOPYLISA
01-06-2009, 08:30 AM
We have a 12 ft one, heater, filter etc :D

We were only saying yesterday we should really think about putting it up, takes a while to fill up :laughing:

estrelas
01-06-2009, 08:32 AM
we're going to the local water park, this morning (again :blush: )

Back early tho as it will get too hot, then we'll play under the gazebo i think, we haven't used a paddling pool here yet.

Pipsqueak
01-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Mine don't care if its not warm enough!! lol (I do chuck a couple of buckets of warm water in as well) They are all nuts. I use a kids rockpool net to get all the overnight debris out - my neighbours think its really funny!

I fill the tiny pool up with the balls as well.

FizzysFriends
01-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Ours is up, it took 6 hours to fill so can't take it down and put it up as and when. It has a cover on at night and a filter and I put pool chemicals in so the water stays fresh for a week without being changed.

Jen4Kids
01-06-2009, 10:43 AM
We got a paddling pool yesterday, a 3ring pink one for £3.99 :laughing:

Kept my 4 amused yesterday :clapping:

Got fed up paying £20+ for the bigger family sized one cause they always get holes and get covered in spiders :panic: , so this year i said, only a little one and maybe another if they behave :laughing:

loocyloo
01-06-2009, 11:51 AM
i was going to put my big one up, but had prospective parents visiting with a baby, and knew i wouldn't be able to give it my full attention.

so filled tuff tray with water and pots/water wheels etc! all had lots of fun getting wet!

might put big one up tonight!

xxx

LOOPYLISA
01-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Ours is up, it took 6 hours to fill so can't take it down and put it up as and when. It has a cover on at night and a filter and I put pool chemicals in so the water stays fresh for a week without being changed.

Snap :thumbsup: :D

ruby
01-06-2009, 04:34 PM
we did have a big one but decided last year to get 2 smaller ones one for the babies and one for the toddlers. Well the weather changed and they have not been out of the box

afraid now to put them up in case the weather changes:laughing:

but will try tomorrow

cathy

Angela234
01-06-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't have a paddling pool

We have been playing with water today with;

our Aqua play set

also large tray with pipes, see through tubes, funnels, jugs

And we have a guttering pipe fixed to a low level wall for the children slightly slanting down which the kids have been putting water into and watching and trying to catch it before going into a tug bucket

The Juggler
01-06-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't have mine filled when minding but do allow them to pour water in it - like a giant water tray and lean and splash the water about with whatever they want.

sweets
01-06-2009, 06:10 PM
ive been hunting for one all day! everywhere is sold out. i finally managed to get a little 3 ring blow up one, can't wait to fill it tommorrow, they will love it. just texted all the parents and asked them to send cossies and spare t shirt:) s.

TheBTeam
01-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Just ordered one from tesco direct that will be delivered tomorrow and was looking at the aquaplay sets too, some are expensive but look good fun!

miss mopple
01-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Im a meanie as I dont fill ours with water :blush:

Ive had to returf my entire garden due to paddling pool distress before now so dont let the kids have one anymore.

The water tray is always out though so Im not all bad :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
01-06-2009, 07:26 PM
I got my big one from Asda at £10 and is a bargain - off to Asda now for a paddling pool and cover for tomorrow

mushpea
01-06-2009, 07:33 PM
i have one of those hard sides ones that cost about £10 but dont know wether to put it out or not, how can i make it safe if we are not playing in it? do i have to empty it each time they have finished playing or do i leave it there and only let them outside when i am out there? also do i need a parent permision form for them to use the paddling pool? it is only one of those that has a few inchs of water (yes i know kids can drown in small amounts but meant its not a big pool).

sweets
01-06-2009, 08:07 PM
i am going to empty mine every day, shouldn't be too hard as you don't need much water in them, ive just put lots of new plants in my garden so will empty the pool each eve and use it to water them. Can't see the pool being used much as will propanbly only get this week of sun then we will be back to typical british weather! lol