PDA

View Full Version : What Travel cot would you recommend?

louise
31-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Hi, I hated my travel cot and managed to bend the bar the first time i tried to put it down. Any way i lent it to mindees parents when they went away. I've just been told they broke it putting it down and they will buy me a new one. They were so appoligetic. You may say im crazy but i have refused to let them get me a new one. Thing is i had already bent it and the thing was a pain in the **** to get up and down it was the cheapest one in argos when i brought it. I hardly used it as mindee fell asleep in buggy on way home from where ever and is such a light sleeper if i moved her she would wake.

They have been so appoligetic over it but it hasn't bothered me, Yet when my old mindee broke my sons 3d puzzle a week after christmas i was annoyed that they didn't offer to get a replacement and that only cost a fiver!

Any way i need a new one but i dont want to fight with it. Any suggestions?
Lou

westbrom44
31-05-2009, 09:22 PM
I have three travel cots, but my favourite is a Graco. It is larger than the other two and much easier to put up and take down. I have had it for 5 years now and a friend gave it to me. It is still going strong, despite daily use.

Unless you have a limited space, I would go for a larger one to allow a bit more room for the larger children. Otherwise, they outgrow them.

Angela234
31-05-2009, 09:34 PM
This is mine;
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3981779/Trail/searchtext%3EGRACO+TRAVEL+COT.htm

I have had it for about 2 years not too big which i like did have problems folding it down and opening it then i realised how to do it right no problems since, easy now!!
Would buy again

westbrom44
31-05-2009, 09:37 PM
That is similar to mine, but a different colour. My Mamas and Papas cot is much smaller.

rickysmiths
31-05-2009, 09:54 PM
I have two mothercare ones similar to the graco but they have a bassinett for babies under 6mth which means you don't have to reach to the bottom of the cot. They also have a changing table that attaches on one end and flips over the cot when you use it. I have had both for well over five years and they are almost in daily useand still going strong.

They cost more than the argos one when I bought them but the cost of travel cots has reduced over the years.

Jen4Kids
01-06-2009, 10:47 AM
Im using the one i got for my oldest dd 8yrs ago, its a Graco Pack & Play - not sure if you can still get it but its lovely, really easy to open and shut and a nice size :thumbsup:

Minstrel
01-06-2009, 03:03 PM
I got my Graco brand new for £1.50 :D

Chatterbox Childcare
01-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I love my Cosatto and Graco ones - easy to put up and down and cost about £25 from Asda, Argos and Toys R Us

Polly2
01-06-2009, 04:11 PM
I have a little tikes one which is roomy and very sturdy.

helenlc
01-06-2009, 04:57 PM
I have a Graco one that has the bassinet and change table. And it packs away and is on wheels. Its rather large and heavy but lovely too.

A friend gave it to me and my DH had to paint my friends Mum's kitchen ceiling as payment!!!:laughing: :laughing:

Mouse
01-06-2009, 05:20 PM
I have a small Graco one. I didn't want anything too big & it has been great. It's lasted well and folds away easily.

The Juggler
01-06-2009, 05:48 PM
I love the Graco ones too. Just on my third, which is on wheels as well and sooo easy to put up and down.

louise
01-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Thank you everyone. Sounds Like Graco is the one to go for. Im sure Asda had them in their baby sale last month:(

balloon
01-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I've got a big Koochi one with bassinet and changing table, it's brilliant!

pinklady
01-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Mine is made by Hauck. It's quite big but very sturdy, still going strong 7 years on. I wanted to get a smaller one but my mindee is only 1 but big for his age and I wouldn't want to put him in a smaller cot.

I think I bought mine from bid-up tv :blush: but you can get them on ebay.

Have a look on kiddicare.com too, i always find their reviews very useful.

Winnie
01-06-2009, 09:39 PM
My last travel cot was ruined storing it in the shed. The parents of a new mindie lent me theirs, but i struggled putting it up & down (i have a bad back which has got worse over the past two years) so now i'm considering not replacing mine because of my back. Does anyone else have this problem? & where do i stand re ofsted by not using one?

butterfly
02-06-2009, 10:38 AM
can anyone recommend something smallish and easy to put up and down? I need an extra one for sept for a baby of 5 mths and a baby of 9 mths. it'll have to be put and down daily in my bedroom so i don't want anything big but it MUST be easy to get up and down and preferably store quite small.