PDA

View Full Version : 1st day tomorrow and I am scared

mozarella
31-05-2009, 05:37 PM
It sounds so silly, but I am scared !! The house is cleaned and ready ( apart from garden but we will just go to the local park if it is nice)

I spend the day home cleaning and sorting out everythings, I will be looking after a 4 year old and a 20 months old, on top of my 10 months old, and i feel I have still so much to do. They will be here for 10 hours ! and I am worried we will get bored , or an accident will happen, or they wont enjoy my company, wont like my food....
etc etc

Is it normal to feel like that, I have been off work for 11 months on maternity leave or maybe I am not ready ,

Moz

Pipsqueak
31-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Its very normal hun! Deep breath, chill out with some wine and a bath or however, get a goods night sleep.

Big breath tomorrow and put on a huge smile before you answer the door. You will be fine, everything will be fine - honestly.
It will take you and the kids a few days to get used to each other.
Remember start as you mean to go on.

Have fun and enjoy your first day:clapping:

jess
31-05-2009, 05:57 PM
You`ll be fine! Relax and enjoy it x

ORKSIE
31-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Yes this is totally normal. I have been doing this job for a long time and wheneva I takie on a new Mindee i am always nervouse on the first day.
So..just go with the flow and have a lovely day:thumbsup:

huggableshelly
31-05-2009, 06:22 PM
have a fabulous first day ... enjoy it dont stress xxx

beckyteddy
31-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah, totally normal! I felt really nervous each time one of mine has started and especially nervous before my first one ever!

You will be just fine, just take it easy and don't try to do too much with the little ones on their/and your first day! Just take it at their own pace and see what they like/what they dont and go from there. Don't feel bad putting the needs of your own baby on an equal footing with the mindees, and you'll have 3 happy bunnies and a happy mum/minder at the end of your long day.

All the best:)

georgie456
31-05-2009, 07:10 PM
You will be fine! Luckily the weather is supposed to be lovely this week so I'm sure they will all have a great time!

Good luck and let us know how it goes x

grindal
31-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi
Just wanted to say good luck - my first proper mindee is starting tomorrow too. Let us know how you get on tomorrow :)

Tatjana
31-05-2009, 07:18 PM
It's perfectly natural to feel nervous, bet it will be absolutely fine and you'll be on here aftee they have gone home to tell us how fab it was....and how tired you are, lol!:D

xx

Pudding Girl
31-05-2009, 07:25 PM
My first day I was excited and scared witless in equal parts!

My tip for the day would be just take your time, don't think you have to be Superwoman and make darned sure you take time to have a quiet cuppa whenever you get the chance.

Oh and prewarn the family you'll be in bed by 7.30pm! :laughing:

Lots of luck x

Chatterbox Childcare
31-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Deep breath and relax.. :)

It is natural to be nervious and excited, anyone would with a new job but this is special

Take your time tomorrow, don't rush to do everything and enjoy the children.

Have a lovely day:laughing:

sonia ann
31-05-2009, 07:48 PM
i'm sure you will be fine.....just remember to relax, get your toys out and let them play......the toys will be new to them so let them explore....they are probably as anxious as you, just concentrate on getting to know them, try and get out to the park if you start to get overwhemed by it all and before you know it ,it will be home time......let us now how it goes:)

haribo
31-05-2009, 07:58 PM
hope youre feeling calmer now . you will be fine and will soon wonder what you were scared of. have a great day im almost jealous its exciting getting to know a new child :clapping: x

Zoomie
31-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Just wishing your a wonderful first minding day tomorrow.

Hope you aren't too tired to tell us how it went, but we'll understand if you are too shattered.

xx

miffy
31-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Just wanted to wish you good luck!

I'm sure you'll be fine :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

westbrom44
31-05-2009, 08:23 PM
In the early days of my childminding career, I felt totally overwhelmed by the responsibility of caring for someone elses children.

I soon learned to relax and go with the flow of the children.

I think you will be absolutely fine.

Enjoy the day.
Best wishes.

mozarella
31-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Thank you very much for your nice replies . Will let you know how it goes

Demonjill
31-05-2009, 11:10 PM
loads of good luck wishes coming your way but im sure you will be fine!

Go for it girl:thumbsup: