PDA

View Full Version : changing unit.

chewy sweets
31-05-2009, 12:01 PM
Do any of you think an inspector would have any objections to a changing unit being in the playroom? I don't know whether they'll think it's inappropriate to be changing babies in the play area.
Do any of you have changing units in playrooms? I've just got no where else to put it.
Maybe a strange question but trying to think of everything they could disapprove of!

Pippa31
31-05-2009, 12:48 PM
I cant see it being a problem. As long as you keep it clean with anti bacterial wipes/spray like you would a mat. And creams etc were kept away from prying little fingers perhaps underneath if it has a little cupboard you could put a catch on....
BUT who knows with Ofsted every inspector has there own pet hates it seems.....

PixiePetal
31-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Glad you posted this as I was thinking of using my old changing table when we move house.

It's a chest of drawers with edges round 3 sides of the top, had it with a baby bedroom set when DD was born. She is now 15 and needs more clothes space :rolleyes:

ORKSIE
31-05-2009, 01:56 PM
I dont see a problem so long as all the bits and bobs used for Bum changing are kept out of the way of Lo's, but i also agree with Pixie, depends on the inspector. you could ring and ask and if you inspector takes a dislike you can say you rang OFSTED for their advise and they didnt see a problem:D

manjay
31-05-2009, 02:19 PM
I would wait until your CSSIW inspector comes out. She will tell you if she thinks it is appropriate and as you usually keep the same inspector it is best to get her take on it iyswim!

PixiePetal
31-05-2009, 02:23 PM
I don't currently have a playroom and change mindees on the sitting room floor (with a mat!) or just into the hallway for a bit of privacy.

Got to be better to be on a proper changing table if it's possible, where ever it is placed surely?

Zoomie
31-05-2009, 02:52 PM
If you risk assess it, Ofsted are sure to love it :laughing: :laughing:

ruby
31-05-2009, 03:30 PM
you could put it in to the play room for the moment and then when your inspector comes ask her opinion as Mandy says you usually have the same one everytime so best to keep in with her and go with what she says

cathy

sarah707
31-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Quite possibly yes ... in Wales the Standards say -

4.5 The childminder ensures the privacy of children when intimate care is being provided

... I would think about somewhere it can go where you will still be able to monitor other children but you are ensuring the privacy of the child you are changing.

hth :D

chewy sweets
31-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Quite possibly yes ... in Wales the Standards say -

4.5 The childminder ensures the privacy of children when intimate care is being provided

... I would think about somewhere it can go where you will still be able to monitor other children but you are ensuring the privacy of the child you are changing.

hth :D

yes your quite right that's why i wasn't sure if it would be an issue or not.
thanks for everyone's advice!

sarah707
31-05-2009, 05:38 PM
yes your quite right that's why i wasn't sure if it would be an issue or not.
thanks for everyone's advice!

Can you tell I've swallowed the Child Minding and Day Care (Wales) Regulations 2002 for something I've been writing?? :laughing:

chewy sweets
31-05-2009, 05:58 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

claireLouise
01-06-2009, 12:16 AM
I use my downstairs toilet for three reaosn: hygiene, privacy and aplace to keep supplies.

Kind Regards

Claire:)

Polly2
01-06-2009, 10:45 AM
You could ring CSSIW and ask...I rang them loads when I was pre reg and they were very helpful

I think it would be fine btw :)