PDA

View Full Version : vote on thursday

tammerisk
30-05-2009, 08:04 PM
i thought about putting this in the EYFS section but was unsure.

are any of you going to vote on thurs while you have mindees and if so was wondering how we could use it as a learning experience for the children acroos the age ranges
how would you document this
would you document this
and what do you think they will learn form it

i personaly think voting is very important and we need to teach the children that it will be there right when they are old enough and to exersice that right no matter what they believe

being a women i think it is especialy important because of how hard we (not personaly but other women)fought for our right to vote

FussyElmo
30-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Never thought about this for the younger children. Will give the older ones a history lesson thursday about the suffogettes(sp).

But what a cracking idea you could make a voting box for the younger children and get them to put a mark by which activity they wanted to do could see that ticking alot of the boxes:)

Spangles
30-05-2009, 08:27 PM
That's a brilliant idea! Would never have thought of that myself!

I don't think I'm going to vote on Thursday because I have absolutely no idea at all what we are supposed to be voting for! I know that makes me thick but it's true. What do MEP's do? What party is doing what? I don't have the foggiest.

It's like - what does the Speaker of the House do exactly? I thought he just made announcements but clearly not! What's his job though? Why is he blamed for the whole expenses thing? I'm very dim where these things are concerned! Plus, many other things too!

sonia ann
30-05-2009, 08:30 PM
But what a cracking idea you could make a voting box for the younger children and get them to put a mark by which activity they wanted to do could see that ticking alot of the boxes:)

what a brilliant idea:clapping: :clapping:

Mouse
30-05-2009, 08:32 PM
I'll be taking my 6 month old mindee with me when I go to vote. Chances are he'll be asleep, so I don't think he'll get much out of it :laughing:

sonia ann
30-05-2009, 08:35 PM
we must make sure we do our risk assessments though.....those blunt pencils on bits of string are quite a hazard:) :rolleyes:

Pudding Girl
30-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Many voting places don't let you take children in booth with you, you have to leave outside unattended, worth checking if you have mindees with you before you go.

rickysmiths
30-05-2009, 09:57 PM
My Grandma knew the Suffragette Emmeline Pankhurst and was deteremined that all us women should use our votes. They were fought for with blood and hard won and not to be squandered.

I have always used my vote, the first time months after I was eighteen and we had a vote about going into the Common Market or not. I will vote on Thursday, though I don't think I could face taking 4 under 5s with me! I think I'll wait until after work. :thumbsup: