PDA

View Full Version : WHERE TO PUT

Bex1
30-05-2009, 03:00 PM
The little girl I mind one day a week has been trying to walk by herself and this week when mum dropped her off she said "we've got something to show you" and the little girl took a few steps all by herself. She also did some more walking whilst with me.

I put in her daily diary that mum told us about walking and stuck a little sticker that said "brilliant" but wondered whether to put this in her special book (scrap book I do of the childs time with me) and found 'wow moment' stars but was not sure if to use one of these

What do you all think?

sarah707
30-05-2009, 03:11 PM
I think it is probably one of the biggest wow moments in her little life so far!

I would definitely put it in her memory book and add a photo if you can.

If you want to link it to the Eyfs it will be somewhere in Physical Development for her age and stage :D

sonia ann
30-05-2009, 03:18 PM
yes i would why not? it's a great milestone achieved:clapping: Also I would
note it down as an observation ;link it into eyfs and note future planning for her.....sorted:)

Bex1
30-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Sadly I didnt get a pic because I needed to be with her because she tended to fall forward so needed to catch her in case fell flat on her face!

I did manage to get a photo when she stood by herself the other week which was going to go in her "special book". If I did a wow moment star (printed off from here!) would you put that in their learning journal or in their special book?

sonia ann
30-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Sadly I didnt get a pic because I needed to be with her because she tended to fall forward so needed to catch her in case fell flat on her face!

I did manage to get a photo when she stood by herself the other week which was going to go in her "special book". If I did a wow moment star (printed off from here!) would you put that in their learning journal or in their special book?

i think my learning journal and special book are one and the same....i only have one folder where everything goes:)

Bex1
30-05-2009, 06:34 PM
I have a folder with "all about me" and the observations in. Then I have a scrapbook called "my special book" that has photo's of activities and examples of their paintings, scribbles and photo's of the child enjoy themes etc, basically a scrapbook of their time with me and something for them to take away when they leave!