PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessment question

Bex1
30-05-2009, 02:03 PM
I am intending to take the children to our local park this week and I thought about a risk assessment. Would you complete this and attach it to your daily risk assessment of the home? I have a general risk assessment for park which states what equipment I need/have, is area safe, stranger danger etc. But what I need to know is if you just fill it out and attach it to your daily risk assessment or keep in seperate "risk assessment - outings" folder

Make sense? sorry I have one eye on fa cup :blush:

Minstrel
30-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Well i have a risk assessment folder which like you has all the risk assessments of outing and individual room/garden and car/walking etc. Then at the front i have the daily checklist to complete.

Ifi was you i would complete the park one and file it under outings

hope that makes sense and i have answered your Q- i also have one eye on the match. :)

Bex1
30-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks. I will put it in my risk assessment folder that I store all my daily checklist in. I will use a seperator to put completed "outings" in.

Also do you do risk assessment for activities? I.e. painting?

Minstrel
30-05-2009, 02:28 PM
ermmm i dont have one currently.

Do i need one?

sonia ann
30-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Well i have a risk assessment folder which like you has all the risk assessments of outing and individual room/garden and car/walking etc. Then at the front i have the daily checklist to complete.

Ifi was you i would complete the park one and file it under outings

hope that makes sense and i have answered your Q- i also have one eye on the match. :)

agree with the above.....and i do not have one eye on the match....neither does my dh who is snoring his head off ....but if i was to try and turn tv over would insist loudly that he is watching it:angry: :angry: :angry:

Pudding Girl
30-05-2009, 02:34 PM
I have a bound booklet type thing, with all the rooms indoors, the outside space, specific outings we do regularly, specific activites we do regularly( sand pit, water table eg) and then a wipe clean ticklist for daily use.

sonia ann
30-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks. I will put it in my risk assessment folder that I store all my daily checklist in. I will use a seperator to put completed "outings" in.

Also do you do risk assessment for activities? I.e. painting?

i have a general craft one, covering scissors; paints;paper ;collage materials;glue etc
a play dough one
a cooking one
sand
water

i'm sure there are others

Zoomie
30-05-2009, 09:48 PM
I am intending to take the children to our local park this week and I thought about a risk assessment. Would you complete this and attach it to your daily risk assessment of the home? I have a general risk assessment for park which states what equipment I need/have, is area safe, stranger danger etc. But what I need to know is if you just fill it out and attach it to your daily risk assessment or keep in seperate "risk assessment - outings" folder

Make sense? sorry I have one eye on fa cup :blush:

You already have a general RA for the park ?, why not just use this, or add on additional risks you come across.