PDA

View Full Version : Getting labels to stick to toy boxes

madasahatter
29-05-2009, 08:59 PM
I've got the ikea trofast storage boxes (bought them at easter) and try as I might i cannot get my labels to stick. I've done laminated pictures (with words) of the contents and I've tried sticking them on with sellotape, double sided sellotape, the clear contact stuff and some sticky pad things but so far nothing has worked. Within a couple of days they are just dropping off.
Now knowing that these storage boxes are very popular I would like to know how everyone else has managed to get their labels to stick.

Thanks

huggableshelly
29-05-2009, 09:03 PM
velcro! I havent got the units but its what i use then i can change the labels when i have a move around of boxes

manjay
29-05-2009, 09:03 PM
I use industrial strength velcro that dh has for work. That also means I can swap and change what is in each box and it is easy to change the labels

sonia ann
29-05-2009, 09:27 PM
i've got the same units and have just stuck mine on with double sided sticky tape.......they are ok at the moment,.....but only been on for a week so far:)

Playmate
29-05-2009, 09:29 PM
I've got the ikea trofast storage boxes (bought them at easter) and try as I might i cannot get my labels to stick. I've done laminated pictures (with words) of the contents and I've tried sticking them on with sellotape, double sided sellotape, the clear contact stuff and some sticky pad things but so far nothing has worked. Within a couple of days they are just dropping off.
Now knowing that these storage boxes are very popular I would like to know how everyone else has managed to get their labels to stick.

Thanks

Glad its not just my boxes then! I also have this system of storage and have tried every thing! the only thing that does seem to be working is bostick glue, however mine are in my conservatory and after the hot day we have had today, I don't know whether that will melt. I certainly would be intersted in anyone else's solutions.

Do the children not pull the velcro pictures off the boxes??

miffy
29-05-2009, 09:30 PM
velcro! I havent got the units but its what i use then i can change the labels when i have a move around of boxes

Well you live and learn!!!! Hadn't thought of that. Cheers Shelley :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

manjay
29-05-2009, 09:39 PM
Glad its not just my boxes then! I also have this system of storage and have tried every thing! the only thing that does seem to be working is bostick glue, however mine are in my conservatory and after the hot day we have had today, I don't know whether that will melt. I certainly would be intersted in anyone else's solutions.

Do the children not pull the velcro pictures off the boxes??

Mine don't! But then maybe it's because I am a bit of a dragon:D

sarah707
30-05-2009, 07:08 AM
I use short pieces of string... hole punch the laminated labels and tie them to the box handles. :D

miffy
30-05-2009, 07:12 AM
I use short pieces of string... hole punch the laminated labels and tie them to the box handles. :D

Another good idea!

Miffy xx

FizzysFriends
30-05-2009, 07:16 AM
I velcro my labels to the boxes, the kids haven't pulled them off yet. But then they don't know they are velcro'd on.

estrelas
30-05-2009, 07:48 AM
lol, i have this problem, never thought of velcro tho, thank you xx

helenlc
30-05-2009, 08:18 AM
I like the velcro idea for being able to swap them round. And I have velcro in my cupboard - result!!!

Now just got to make my labels:blush: - only had my boxes in a week!!

pinklady
30-05-2009, 09:20 AM

Me too!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

madasahatter
30-05-2009, 04:30 PM
I use short pieces of string... hole punch the laminated labels and tie them to the box handles
unfortunately the trofast boses don't have handles, but I could get the drill out and make some holes to pass the string through. May well try that one thanks sarah

grindal
30-05-2009, 06:33 PM
I stuck mine on with sticky back plastic - left over from my teaching days :laughing: - it never occured to me to me that I might actually want to change them one day :blush:

Playmate
30-05-2009, 07:18 PM
unfortunately the trofast boses don't have handles, but I could get the drill out and make some holes to pass the string through. May well try that one thanks sarah

Lol I think my husband would kill me it I went anywhere near the boxes with a drill! :panic:
I tried sticky back plastic and this was worse then sellotape, it must be the suface on these boxes because they are not smooth.

I'm off to buy some vecroe!

sonia ann
30-05-2009, 07:25 PM
can i just ask the people who are having difficulty with double sided sticky tape...what colour trofast boxes they have.....just wondered because i have just tried to pull mine off and they are on very firmly.....mine are white....i wondered if this made a difference...may be the coloured ones are a different texture...just a thought:)

mum2two
30-05-2009, 08:15 PM
I have the white ones. Only used selotape & like you they come off, or peel off very easy for the littlies....

I was going to resort to superglue, but would never be able to change the contents - or maybe once, as I could turn them round...

Glad this came up as I need to sort it. It looked great & really organised all labeled up!!

xx