PDA

View Full Version : This is what I call childminding...

mum2two
29-05-2009, 06:35 PM
It's been so lovely today :clapping: and yesterday we took the kids out, and tired them out doing races & stuff, so thought we'd do similar today.

DH ended up kicking the 3 or 4 balls all over the place, and the kids we chasing after them for points, whilst I... was supervising from the comfort of a picnic blanket in the sun! :thumbsup:

Now, that's when I really love working with my hubby! :D

xx

Minstrel
29-05-2009, 06:39 PM
Sounds fab - my kind of day!!!!

Lucky girl :thumbsup:

ajs
29-05-2009, 06:44 PM
sounds good to me too

yesterday we went to an ice cream farm and then for a walk around a lake nearby
now how bad a job can this be.
mum said to me that's why she loved her daughter being with me as i didn't just sit her in front of the tele but took her to the same places as i took my own children and didn't treat them any different

ORKSIE
29-05-2009, 06:44 PM
my love job in the summer.
I love it all of the time really but the summer does make it special:thumbsup:

Toothfairy
29-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Me too! I love being out in the fresh air with the children.
Yesturday we spent the whole afternoon at the park, with a picnic lunch and a football.

madasahatter
29-05-2009, 09:02 PM
I had a great day too. 3 kids aged 3, 5 and 10, we went to a place called Bolton Abbey. We did a 2 mile walk, paddled in the river for hours, had a lovely picnic and a scrummy icecream. Kids behaved lovely, had a whale of a time and all fell asleep in the car on the way home.

TheBTeam
29-05-2009, 09:06 PM
funny isn't it, we all seem to really enjoy the same kind of things about this job, we spent yesterday walking around woods and playing, and today camped in a park with some shade from the trees, played with balls and polystyrene aeroplanes and paddled in the river and generally had lots of great fresh air, and with such a nice group of minders some really nice adult company too.

I have had a fantastic week, dh finally pulled some weight as a childminder and helped with lunches and took some of the older kids deeper into the woods while i chatted!

helenlc
29-05-2009, 09:33 PM
We spent all day yesterday in the garden and a few hours today in the park with some fellow childminders and their children and mindees.

My 3 yr old was knackered by time I dropped him home this afternoon - much to Mum's delight!!!

Pipsqueak
29-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Glad you had a lovely day:clapping: :clapping: We had another great one too.

Job satisfaction - priceless

manjay
29-05-2009, 10:23 PM
Glad you had a lovely day:clapping: :clapping: We had another great one too.

Job satisfaction - priceless

I was thinking about this thread when I just read your post on the bubble thread. What other job could you run like a loon around the garden making bubbles in the fab sunshine and get paid for it?:rolleyes: Not that I am saying you are a loon but I kind of think you maybe:laughing:

Pipsqueak
29-05-2009, 11:49 PM
I was thinking about this thread when I just read your post on the bubble thread. What other job could you run like a loon around the garden making bubbles in the fab sunshine and get paid for it?:rolleyes: Not that I am saying you are a loon but I kind of think you maybe:laughing:

No you have struck gold first time manjay - I am a total loon and thats according to several sources including my nearest and dearest:laughing:
(believe me I have been called worse - although that will come as no surprise to some).
My (back-up) good friend c/m is called Lisa and all the kids call her Loony Lisa - fab childminder and lovely setting (its where James goes when I am at Uni and he loves her to bits)

sarah707
30-05-2009, 07:19 AM
I think I caught the sun at the park yesterday :o

I was soooo cross though - a nursery brought 12 little ones for an outing in these massive trugs - they are like huge buggies that take 6 strapped in children each.

They walked round the park, sat them in front of the ducks and then went back to the nursery... outing box ticked.

Not one of those children was taken out of the trugs :(