PDA

View Full Version : Do you also do babysitting?

Richard
29-05-2009, 09:51 AM
I wondered what your thoughts are on Childminders who are also do babysitting work?

On childcare.co.uk I have had quite a few childminders saying that they would also like to appear in the babysitting category.

Due to the demand for this, we have recently launched a new free feature which allows childminders to also appear in the babysitting category.

To do this simply login to your childcare.co.uk account, click 'My Profile' and then tick the box that says "I'm also available for babysitting" and then click 'save'

I have found that a lot of parents seeking a babysitter are prepared to pay a premium for the best care possible and many of them are reassured that a registered childminder is taking care of their children.

Whilst average babysitting rates seem to be between about £5 and £8 an hour, if a childminder is babysitting then the rates that can be commanded seem to be higher, between £8 and £10.

This could be a good way for childminders to earn extra cash.

Richard

Chatterbox Childcare
29-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Thank you for putting this on the forum. I will take a peak.

huggableshelly
29-05-2009, 11:01 AM
I'm sure plenty will be interested.

I'm not personally due to having my own young children and needing to be home for them rather than out babysitting.

The Juggler
29-05-2009, 01:34 PM
I might be interested at £10/hour. I can't get back into my account though. I have used the 'forgotten password' facility twice but never received a follow up reminder - so a bit stuck.

Mollymop
29-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks for that.

Richard
29-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Hi The Juggler - I have sent you a private message requesting your email address so I can assist you with the login to your childcare.co.uk account

Daftbat
29-05-2009, 03:22 PM
I baby sit for my customers sometimes but this has been handed over to my eldest daughter now and to be honest after i have been working with the kids all day i have had enough.

I used to do it more regularly years ago before i was busy - the money came in handy.

Minstrel
29-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Hi Richard,

I am registered on your site as a childminder and interested to see we can register our babysitting services now also.

Just wondering if it possible to post 2 seperate adverts for these services as my childminding one doesn't read very well in the babysitting section and i have also noticed that this is true of others already there.

To start with fees are VERY different (double!) and the babsitting is not available in my home as its not registered for overnight care.

If there is any way to do this please could you let me know,

many thanks xx

Tatjana
29-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I would consider babysitting and think it's a really good idea.

xx

Richard
30-05-2009, 08:13 AM
Hi Minstrel

You can create a seperate profile but to do this you will need to have 2 childcare.co.uk accounts.

Each account will need to use a different email address as it is not possible to have 2 accounts with the same email address.

Alternatively, you could keep one account and perhaps rewrite your profile so it is clear which bit applies to childminding and which applies to babysitting.

Richard

Minstrel
30-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Ok well i dont have two email addresses so will do a bit of re-jigging the current add.

thanks