PDA

View Full Version : Looking after little ones for an hour

amirose
28-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Hello,

I am gong to be looking after two little cuties - both girls - one is a year and the other is two (poor mummy!) for an hour while mummy goes to a martial arts class.

I obviously know this doesn't count as childminding as its under 2 hours but just wanted to double check a child record form for each child is enough?

They came to meet me tonight and they really are adorable, they will coming on their own for the first time Monday!

Chatterbox Childcare
28-05-2009, 08:28 PM
If you have other children you are still childminding. I would have the record form with contact number and not worry about a contract.

If mums needs to be covered by your insurance you need all your paperwork doing.

amirose
28-05-2009, 08:31 PM
If you have other children you are still childminding. I would have the record form with contact number and not worry about a contract.

If mums needs to be covered by your insurance you need all your paperwork doing.

It 7pm-8pm - I normally only work til 6pm but as its only an hour and my dp is also doing the class I thought it would be nice to do it :thumbsup:

tammerisk
29-05-2009, 07:21 AM
so this mean i don't have to do a temp contract as i have had a mum ask me to look after alittle one for an hour while she goes to interview. she wants me as her child minder when she gets a job but has to get one first

Mollymop
29-05-2009, 07:24 AM
It 7pm-8pm - I normally only work til 6pm but as its only an hour and my dp is also doing the class I thought it would be nice to do it :thumbsup:

I suppose it could be classed as babysitting. i would still do all the child record forms though, but not the contract

rickysmiths
29-05-2009, 07:37 AM
As a Childminder I would always have all the paperwork, contract, info forms, consents and permissions, policies, for any child in my care for whatever time they are with me. Personally I would not take on any child on a regular basis without. You are then fully insured and you have a proper relationship with the parent incase of payment or other disputes.

If you are a member of NCMA I would definately phone them and check your position. You would probably not be covered by the free legal line without a contract in place.

Also remember the keeping and signing of the register is protecting you as well as the child from a child protection point of view.

youarewhatyoueat
29-05-2009, 02:09 PM
I do all the paperwork except the contract if it's just a short term thing or for occasional use.Caroline