PDA

View Full Version : Where have you got your mindees from recently?!?!?!

hollybritten
28-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Hi there,
Where have people got their mindees from recently, have been advertising alot but nothing.... I am now on the CIS is this a good bet for buisness?!?

Thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
28-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Mine are usually word of mouth but the CIS send a lot of people to my area.

Minstrel
28-05-2009, 07:47 PM
I've had my one and only enquiry from Netmums. :D

Alibali
28-05-2009, 08:19 PM
mine have all been siblings of current mindees i'm afraid.

Blackhorse
28-05-2009, 08:21 PM
I am going to try and grow mine on a tree soon as I haven't had any enquiries yet...

FizzysFriends
28-05-2009, 08:21 PM
I got stopped coming out of Morrisons today, a lady with a very cute baby asked if I was a CM (do you think the 4 kids in hi-vis jackets gave it away), she said she'd seen me when she arrived (hate the thought that she'd been watching me).

her8y
28-05-2009, 08:29 PM
I have one via another childminder, one via my daughters friends mum!, and one via a vacancy list at my local childminders group which meets each week. The other three were via cis.

Do you have a "feature" which other minders in your area dont offer????? I for example dont charge for school holidays for term time only contracts (I charge extra per hour tho:) ) which suited the three who came via cis! I know this wouldnt work for everyone and some will think me potty but it works for me:D . I added this to my cis listing which attracted two of the three who came via there.:thumbsup:

hollybritten
28-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Fingers crossed for CIS:(

estrelas
28-05-2009, 08:42 PM
I am going to try and grow mine on a tree soon as I haven't had any enquiries yet...

sorry but this made me laugh :laughing: , can i have one two pleaasseee ?

LisaH
28-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Most of mine are from word of mouth too, but have had calls from CIS too.:)

loocyloo
28-05-2009, 09:15 PM
i haven't had any new mindees for ages! the last one was from cis website, but i have had enquiries ( i couldn't fill ) from netmums. i have also had a few enquiries direct from people finding my website :clapping: ( coming to visit on monday! )

rest were word of mouth or i already knew the child/parents !

Blackhorse
28-05-2009, 09:19 PM
sorry but this made me laugh :laughing: , can i have one two pleaasseee ?

sure ...just send me a return envelop and I shall send two...
(depending on the age group you have vacancies for you must add one spoon of miracle grow for each year.
so if you have a vacancy for a 2 year old 2 spoons...for a 3 year old 3 spoons and so on...)

ORKSIE
28-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Mine have been word of mouth or opp links:thumbsup:

Mollymop
29-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Mine have come mostly from cis.

Jen4Kids
29-05-2009, 12:05 PM
My first mindee came recommended from another cm
My other mindee came recommended from my friend
The lady who came today found me on CIS :clapping:

Polka Dots
29-05-2009, 12:59 PM
I've been listed with the Family Information Service for around a month. Nothing yet though. A couple of enquiries have come from my own website.

My two permanent mindees plus one ad hoc child are from school (already knew their mum's).

My school holidays mindee has come to me via word of mouth. His mum's boss gave her my name after another CM recommended me. Weird thing is I do not know the other CM. Obviously we both know someone but I haven't found out who the connection is yet.

Good luck