PDA

View Full Version : Daughter as Assistant aged 16

andiehanratty
28-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi ladies

This assistant thing is really quite complicated can anyone shed any light on how or if i can register my 16 year old daughter as my assitant. And if I do could this increase my ratio this I think has something to do with space available?? Can anyone shed any light on this for me Job prospects for her are bleek but I am turning away work.

How long does it take to get an assistant registered

Chatterbox Childcare
28-05-2009, 07:51 PM
I registered my 16 year old once he was 16 and I employ him during the year.

You have to download and send of the EY2 form off of the Ofsted website. This should be done as soon as anyone in the house turns 16 anyway,

Once the form is processed the CRB forms will be sent and processed and then Ofsted will send you a letter saying she is able to work with Under 8's. You then need parental permission in writing for her to work with you.

Your daughter cannot be left in sole charge due to her age and therefore doesn't need a first aid certificate.

I would ring your inspector and ask what the numbers can be amended to. I only asked for an extra 1 to make mine 5 under 5 (too much paperwork for anymore which I am responsible for) and 7 under to cover after school.

tammerisk
30-05-2009, 07:26 AM
this sounds like a really cool idea (my daughter is only 10 at the momnet)
i think if she is willing when she is thta age and may be she can fit it round some studies as she is always trying to help out at the moment

devoncm
01-06-2009, 03:27 PM
When did you do this Debbie as when i rang Ofsted a few months ago to see about having Jasmine as an assistant they said she had to be at least 17

Chatterbox Childcare
01-06-2009, 03:52 PM
My son was 16

You have to have their CRB form done so I completed the EY2 and took it from there. Have you got the CRB done?

Tell them that you want you DD to work along side you and she will not be left in sole care. This is the area that 17 comes in but they may have changed the conditions as my DS was 17 in October.

devoncm
01-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Ok thanks, ill ring them tomorrow see what they say.

TRACEY1969
28-06-2009, 12:42 PM
I had my Ofsted visit last week and she said when my daughter who is 17 now when she turns 18 i can write to Ofsted and have my numbers increased. I have 6 at the moment but she said i can have them increased up to 10 children.