PDA

View Full Version : I'm giving notice..

Jelly Baby
28-05-2009, 06:23 PM
After a thread on here and your thoughts being corrent i have decided to give notice after only 2 weeks work (3 days with the child)
i took the child on and it has gone downhill ever since. Today i got paid (late) and got a reply to a letter i had sent r.e times and days as we have had so many changes im not sure whats going on anymore..the letter said thanks all times correct BUT in the holidays she is now going to grandmas from 3pm onwards(supposed to be 6pm)..i only really took her on because of the holidays..the 3pm ruins my days as we can't do a full day out..when she leaves she has to walk to grandmas and im not happy with it as longish way.. in a very short space of time i have already been mucked around something cronic i have finally had enough..the whole leaving her on the doorstep doesn't work for me, the changing all the time, the childs 'ways'..wish id'e never taken it on but hey.

BUT i have never given notice before and stupidly started doubting myself earlier..'i can drop her to grandmas etc' it's only 3 hours lost..then thought nope it will only get worse so im going to bite the bullet and do it!! Wish me luck.

Chatterbox Childcare
28-05-2009, 06:31 PM
If she is new doesn't your contract have a settling in period and you can finish straight away?

sarah707
28-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Sounds like a nightmare.

I hope all goes well with the parents x

TheBTeam
28-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Good luck it really doesn't sound worth the messing about and worry.

Jelly Baby
29-05-2009, 07:21 AM
Hi no i do my own contracts and havent got this on there. Tbh i wouldn't like the idea of a parent just turning round and saying sorry but goodbye so i dont mind working the 4 weeks tbh. It is a fair loss in the hols (around £63 per week but it was supposed to be £180 so you can see why i have decided to drop it..amongst other things obviously!)

ORKSIE
29-05-2009, 07:24 AM
Good Luck:thumbsup:

Mollymop
29-05-2009, 07:26 AM
Hope things work out for you. I would do the same if I were unhappy.

angeldelight
29-05-2009, 07:31 AM
You have to do what is right for you

Hope it goes ok good luck

Angel xx

The Juggler
29-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Good luck I did this in first week of a contract and for similar reasons.

I had a terrible relationship during first week, (way I was spoken to/asked things)

They didn't bring child for months before starting (contracts were signed before summer hols for Sept start), did not take up settling in periods all Summer. Then week before he started wanted to bring him at a non-contracted time every day for a whole week, (I said I could do two sessions during contracted hours, but they then said that wasn't convenient).

He was a very nervous/clingy child who was then handed over in the school playground on first day at which time they then announced they wanted to drop about 20 hours per month from the contract.

I told them I couldn't afford to do it. I had carefully considered taking each child on given the fact they were part-time children and I needed to ensure I was working enough hour. I said I would continue to have the child but would need to still charge. However, I told them I would understand if they wanted to look for alternative childcare if they didn't want to pay for hours not used.

They said OK we'll pay then but we think you're ripping us off (they didn't use those words). At which I thought long and hard and decided I couldn't work in a relationship where they thought I was overcharging and being unfair. I explained that in my notice letter (though in a more professional way)!

So, good luck!

LOL

Jelly Baby
01-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Aaaahh still haven't given the letter as now wondering if i have been a bit hasty with it all. I have sat down with her dates and times etc and figured that actually it is not as bad as i thought it was and even though the times have dropped it doesn't actually mess my days up as was wasn't looking at the correct days when i looked at it quicky the other day..
I would have her alternate weeks too and actually the early finish is a bonus but..ahhh the walking home etc i now do and with her grandparents etc i could always walk her up there and it wouldn't put me out..(do the kids good) that was my only concern at the time and i need a simple yes or no for someone to tell me what to do..!

Also from a very selfsih point of view i have a holiday booked and it would really help pay for it!

Spangles
01-06-2009, 09:16 AM
Only you can decide what to do.

Maybe as you are so unsure you should give it a go and see what happens? Are you a gemini because you sound like me!! Ha ha!

Jelly Baby
01-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Only you can decide what to do.

Maybe as you are so unsure you should give it a go and see what happens? Are you a gemini because you sound like me!! Ha ha!

Thats what i thought, the summer hols are not for a while and i still can give notice in a couple of weeks if things are hard..no im an aquarian!! just veru indecisive!!

Jelly Baby
09-06-2009, 12:45 PM
Well i did give notice and i have tonight with her and the next 2 weeks..feel like i have done the right thing. She has rung round a couple of CM and they have all said no as far as im aware due to the situation i guess!
Thanks for your help.