PDA

View Full Version : Thats what its all about

Pipsqueak
28-05-2009, 04:02 PM
[[/B]What a wicked day - proper true childminding at its best.

Started out with a few arts and crafts (our under the sea theme) and soon they were back outside.

Now yesterday we prepared our bubble mixture so I thought we'd do that later in the afternoon. A c/m friend text me to say there was a petting zoo setup down town, so off we trot all my kids, two mindees and sons' friend who tagged along.
The kids loved the ferrets and eldest got to 'race' one of them - little ones got to stroke lots of the animals.

In the market square was a kids fun fair and the little ones got three rides (good prices) and the older ones got 1 ride (very long), lots of ice cream and drinks.

Had a splash in the water feature in town.

Came home got the bubble mixture out - absolutely brilliant (thanks for that tip) and it ended up with the younger ones and me getting soaked and splashing around.

Didn't even have one of the kids ready for when mum got here!!! lol And tea is running well late! lol

Never mind the kids - I'm having a ball! lol
Tomorrow if its nice we are going to the beach!

Daftbat
28-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Sounds like a great day - its great when you do things spontanteously as well as the planned things. The water feature thing sounds great - i want a go!:laughing:

youarewhatyoueat
28-05-2009, 04:11 PM
I want to come!!!!!!!!!!! we're miles from the beach over 3 hours drive I am soooooooooo jealous

Allie
28-05-2009, 04:13 PM
So nice to hear of someone really enjoying the job

Allie

emler
28-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Sounds like a fantastic day Pip :thumbsup:

Daddy Day Care
28-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Sounds fun, can you take me tomorrow?

Gareth
xx

Pipsqueak
28-05-2009, 04:33 PM
The more the merrier - see you all at Redcar ! lol Bring your own picnic and towels. Mega celebration because I will be handing in my PDP tomorrow morning and that is me finished (and hopefully passed) my first year FD.:clapping:

Jen4Kids
28-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Cooool sounds like a fab day :clapping: :clapping:

ORKSIE
28-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Cool..Count me in:thumbsup:

breezy
28-05-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm there:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

estrelas
28-05-2009, 06:46 PM
lol, PIp you sound like me, we had a great day to

Its the best job in the world sometimes isn't it?

Glad you had a good day, hope you have a great day tomorrow too xx

Pipsqueak
28-05-2009, 06:53 PM
It has been a really great day.

Y'no what, my (new - well been with me 4 weeks now) LO has just gelled right into the dynamics of the setting - there has not been one upset or tear in sight, apparently yesterday she was ready at 9am with her coat on waiting for me to arrive (I was picking her up on my way through) even though I was collecting till 10 lol. I was dropping her home as well yesterday evening and we forgot the time and mum text me 30 minutes after I should have dropped her back asking if she could have her daughter back!!!:laughing: :laughing:

All credit to James and E - they have just taken to I like a duck to water - she is a really pleasant child and Rob and Harry have been great with her too.

Yep - THIS is what childminding is all about (think its just cuz the sun is shining and the kids can get out and we aren't all on top of each other;) )

estrelas
28-05-2009, 07:06 PM
It has been a really great day.

Y'no what, my (new - well been with me 4 weeks now) LO has just gelled right into the dynamics of the setting - there has not been one upset or tear in sight, apparently yesterday she was ready at 9am with her coat on waiting for me to arrive (I was picking her up on my way through) even though I was collecting till 10 lol. I was dropping her home as well yesterday evening and we forgot the time and mum text me 30 minutes after I should have dropped her back asking if she could have her daughter back!!!:laughing: :laughing:

All credit to James and E - they have just taken to I like a duck to water - she is a really pleasant child and Rob and Harry have been great with her too.

Yep - THIS is what childminding is all about (think its just cuz the sun is shining and the kids can get out and we aren't all on top of each other;) )

your posts are making me happy, you sound soo excited, :laughing:

which is good, hope it keeps up ( and the sun)

Chatterbox Childcare
28-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Sounds like you had a great day - enjoy tomorrow - I am off

Toothfairy
28-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Sounds like you had a realy fab day.:thumbsup:

The Juggler
28-05-2009, 08:03 PM
The more the merrier - see you all at Redcar ! lol Bring your own picnic and towels. Mega celebration because I will be handing in my PDP tomorrow morning and that is me finished (and hopefully passed) my first year FD.:clapping:

Congratulations. Feeling pleased with myself too, just printed off very last piece of work after my second year. good luck with year two and enjoy the beach!