PDA

View Full Version : Foundation degree

janiefear
28-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi all,

I'm currently doing my NVQ 3 CCLD and am contemplating doing my foundation degree after. I know some of you are doing this and just wanted a few opinions.

How much time do you spend on your uni work per week?
Do you think all the work will be worth it?
Are you planning on staying in CM after you've completed?

I won't start it till next year, my little boy will be at school then and my daughter will be 10.

Do any of you have to attend college during the day or is it all evenings?
Does your local authority fund it for your?

Cheers in advance

Jane

The Juggler
28-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Have pm'd you

nx

her8y
28-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Is anyone doing this via open uni?? Would you recommend it?? A few of us are thinking of starting this in October but I am trying to work out how to fit it all in!

janiefear
28-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Our local authority won't fund it through OU unfortunately, that would have been my ideal.

Jane

Pipsqueak
28-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Hi all,

I'm currently doing my NVQ 3 CCLD and am contemplating doing my foundation degree after. I know some of you are doing this and just wanted a few opinions.

How much time do you spend on your uni work per week?Not enough!!! My PDP has got to be in tomorrow I am now just taking a quick breather before I start the final competency and prep my reference list. Its a lot of work but as long as you take notice of deadlines and can dedicate at least 12 hours per week to keeping up with the assignments and extra reading then you will be fine. You HAVE to be strict with yourself - your whole family have got to be onside with you.
Do you think all the work will be worth it?yes absolutely. at teh end of my first year - now - I and my practice have benefitted from it massively. its been a steep learning curve but throughly enjoyable
Are you planning on staying in CM after you've completed?probably for a while at least - after that who knows.

I won't start it till next year, my little boy will be at school then and my daughter will be 10.

Do any of you have to attend college during the day or is it all evenings?
Does your local authority fund it for your?attend 1 day per week at uni

Cheers in advance

Jane

hope that helps

her8y
29-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Our local authority won't fund it through OU unfortunately, that would have been my ideal.

Jane

My local authority will fund either going to uni one day per week (but its on my busiest working day!) or via open Uni.

Dont know anyone who has studied this through ou tho and wondereds if it was a good way of gaining this qualification?